Freeman Mustangs Newsletter #22
January 22, 2021
- Monday, January 25th: Chipotle Freeman PTA Fundraiser (Flyer below)
- Monday, January 25th: Picture Day (In-Person AM, Virtual Sign up through Sign Up Genius in PM- information below)
- Thursday, January 28th: Picture Day (In-Person AM, Virtual Sign up through Sign Up Genius in PM- information below)
- January 25th-February 12th: Winter Performance Series Testing Window for 3rd-5th Grade Students
Picture Day is coming!
Group B will be on Thursday, January 28th, 2021
For fully virtual students, please use the linked sign up genius to sign up for your desired time slot. If you have multiple children, each student will need their own time slot. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4caca728aaf8ce9-picture
Blended Experience Information
Please see each grade level link for Blended Experience information that is pertinent to your student:
Updates and Timelines
- Daily symptom screener completed Monday through Friday by 8:00am
- In Person students will follow the A/B Schedule- 8:30am-2:20pm. Students will enter the building around 8:20am. Non in person days will meet with students via Zoom from 8-8:25. Virtual Students will 8:00am-2:20pm. Daily schedules should have been communicated by the virtual learning teacher.
- Food will be sent home (dinner, breakfast, lunch, dinner, breakfast) each day your kid is in person. If you need meals for anyone else at home, please stop by one of the distribution sites or contact the main office. Families will have the option to opt out of having food sent home with students and will need to complete a form. More information included below.
- Breakfast will not in be the classroom (students will need to eat at home before coming to school- will be sent home (see below)
- Freeman is no longer be a food distribution site during the day. West Aurora High School will now be the closest location to Freeman.
Virtual Learning Academy Supply Pick Up Dates
Virtual students will have monthly supply pick-ups. Pick up will happen from the main office at Freeman between 7:30am and 3:30pm on the following dates:
Daily Lunch Order Information
Food Service Announcement for Elementary Families
Food Service information:
Take Home Meal Opt-out form:
Take Home Meal Opt-out form in Spanish: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A05c6d99b-5d82-4411-982c-6148d9b14c33&fbclid=IwAR1jI1qU-WgJCsUGafM2lxHrKcAq01uLNV7aRyCwFW00qH_MsoNIA1ZuPYw#pageNum=1
SD129 Student Daily Health Screener
Thank you for your cooperation in being diligent with completing the daily health screening for your student(s).
Please have the daily health screener completed by 8:00am each morning. If the screener is not completed by 8:00am, the office will be following up with phone calls.
The screener will help guide you on whether your child can attend school that day. Your child will not be able to be in their class if the health screener is not completed. It will also prompt communication with our schools’ health office to see how we can help support your child during and after their absence.
Winter Benchmark Testing for 3rd-5th Grade
This school year 3rd-5th grade students will be taking Performance series during the winter testing window. 2nd grade will tentatively be taking the assessment in the Spring.
The testing window will open on January 25th and close on February 12th. Classroom teachers for both virtual and in person students in grades 3-5 will select times to take both the reading and math test. Students will be taking the express version of the test which has about 20-25 questions. Please contact your child’s teacher or me for more information.
Dress for the weather!
As we are in the cold weather months, we want to inform you of our policy in regards to recess and car line. We will be outside for recess as often as possible as long as the feel like temperature (the temperature with the windchill) is 15 degrees or above. Please make sure students have hats and gloves. Our car line tries to move as quickly as possible and we thank you for your patience.