Bethany Bunch eNews
May 18, 2016
Word of the Week: astonish
verb: feel great wonder and surprise
He was astonished when he won the lottery!
Bethany's All-Star Choir
FIELD DAY is Friday, May 20th!
Your children will be participating in Bethany’s annual Field Day on Friday May 20th. It is always an exciting and fun event for the students. Thanks be to those who have volunteered. Our parents make this event truly great for all involved. There are several things we wanted you to know regarding that day to help ensure its success:
1. Please have your child bring a change of clothes (socks & shoes as well) and a towel as there are a few events that do involve water and we want to make sure they are dry the rest of the day.
2. Put sunscreen on your child before they come to school.
3. If your child would like to bring a water bottle, they may do so but they will be responsible for it. We will have a water station so a water bottle is not necessary or required.
4. This year’s Field Day involves relays and a game of soccer. We request that your child wear tennis shoes and not sandals in order to participate safely.
5. If students choose to wear bathing suits, they will need to wear shorts and a t-shirt over them. Girls should only wear a 1 piece bathing suit underneath.
6. On Field Day, lunch schedules will be affected so we are requesting that you send a sack lunch with your student. There will be lunches available to buy in the cafeteria as well.
Thank you for your support. We are looking forward to a great day!
Coach Ellis, Coach Rolland
Utilize eBooks on Bethany's Library Resources Page this Summer!
Click on eBooks.
Login for TumbleBooks, World eBooks, etc:
password: discover (After August 8, password will be "connect".)
Plano ISD Food and Nutritional Services sponsors the Summer Food Service Program which is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
All children 18 years of age and under are eligible to receive FREE meals.
No need to sign up or apply for the program.
Meadows Elementary School
June 6th - August 5th (Off July 4th)
Mendenhall, Sigler, and Weatherford Elementary Schools
June 6th - July 5th (Off July 4th)
From Bethany Elementary PTA:
DON’T FORGET! Order your school supplies for the 2016-2017 school year!
Order by June 5th when prices increase!
Online ordering through August 19th: www.bethanypta.org
Supplies will be delivered to the classrooms in time for Meet the Teacher in August.
Be sure to "like" us on Facebook at Bethany Bunch and "follow" us on Twitter @thebethanybunch.