5th Grade Transition Conferences
It's time to schedule your son/daughter's roadmap to success in middle school
What: Fifth grade students sit down together with parents and myself to discuss their learning foundation and how their current work ethic connects with future career dreams. Individual Learning Conferences are designed to emphasize students strengths and are positive in nature.
When: March & April 7:30 am- 5:00 pm
Monday, February 27 3:30-9:00 pm
Other evening times as available
Where: Ms. Roehl's office in the back of the elementary library
- To help students find purpose in their learning now and get excited about future career possibilities
- To help students feel prepared and excited about transitioning to middle school.
- Parents feel more involved in their student’s learning foundation and career exploration.
- Parents and students can plan on having time together with the school counselor at grades 5, 8, & 10. Transition years and grade 10 are critical years to stay in communication. A regular connection is developed between the student, parent and school, ensuring a better chance for academic success.
- I want to work together with you to help keep your son or daughter's learning motivation going into middle school.
Here's what we'll explore together:
- Student Interests, Strengths, Growth & Dreams
- Learning Style Inventory results & smart study strategies
- Student Work Ethic Strengths & Goals
- MAP testing strengths & Grades
- Using Career Locker to get excited about future possibilities
- Getting Ready for Middle School
Please sign up early to get a time that works well for you
Please click on the link below to sign up for a time. Parents and students attend this conference together. Teachers know of students' scheduled times are understanding about missing part of class.