COUNTRY NEWS CURATOR WANTED
What We're Looking For
Are you addicted to the news, reading it (online or not) every day?
- Do you instinctively share news on Facebook and Twitter?
- Or even blog about your opinions on the news?
SAYS.com is expanding a new kind of social news network to your country. Our mission is to re-invent the news experience for this generation. See how it is currently deployed in http://says.com/.
To make this happen, we're assembling a team of global news curators to kickstart each country. We're looking for individuals who
- want to get paid to do what they love to do / and are already doing - reading about and sharing the news
- believe that the online news experience is in need of an overhaul
- have about a flexible 5 hours to spare each day
THE DAILY TASK
CREATE FIVE NEWS STORY PER DAY
Look out for local and global trending news, and create stories with share-able headlines and populate the SAYS news channels (News, Fun, Entertainment, Tech, etc).
What is a story?
MODERATE USER SUBMITTED STORIES
- Improve on existing stories
- Improve the quality of stories that have Feature potential by Editing
- Add great sources (different perspectives, serious and not so serious ones too)
- Ensure the best images are displayed - on the source links and cover image;
- Correct grammar / descriptions, optimize headlines to increase share-ability
- Remove the ones that are spam or has explicit, pornographic or malicious content
SPREAD THE NEWS
- Daily newsletter: Send out 'Top Stories Today' newsletter every day to SAYS users
- FB & Twitter updates: Featured stories FB posts and Recently Updated tweets for stories that are still fresh and developing
- Add responses to stories with potential to increase discussion
- Include users as much as possible: Twitter @mentions, FB posts, etc
GROW THE SAYS COMMUNITY
- Grow and manage the country's (Singapore/Philippines) community - fully manage user queries and feedback on FB/Twitter/Intercom, run contests, etc.
- Help to forge partnerships and assist in any on-ground execution
- Report any bugs encountered by you or users
- Share stories with your friends :)
Approx. 5-8 hours a day (flexible), including weekends
- You work from home, from Starbucks, anywhere with Internet; SAYS is one of the world's most democratic workplaces!
- Remuneration: Payment via bank transfer at the end of every month
HOW TO APPLY
- Sign up on SAYS (www.says.com) and create a story that is political or local news.
- Email the URL of your story with your CV, personal details and contact number.
- Add links to your website(s) and your social media sites i.e. Tumblr, Twitter, etc.
- Other relevant information on your education, skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Closing date - you should submit your details, right about now.
We'll arrange for a Skype interview for prospective candidates, pronto.