by: Chris Samaniego
Too much or too little?
Eating too much simple carbs can cause a spike in blood glucose levels in your body. When your body produces more glucose than it needs, all of that extra glucose is turned into stored fat, which ultimately will lead to you not quit being able to fit into your favorite pair of jeans.. Another effect of taking in too much simple carbs particularly sugars, is tooth decay. Sugars react with the bacteria and the saliva in your mouth which can cause the breakdown of your enamel, which is the outer coating of your teeth. Eating too much simple carbs will leave you feeling sluggish and tired at the end of the day.
Some major sources
All fruits have fibers and simple sugars that are types of simple carbohydrates.
Vegetables contain fibers and simple sugars that are types of simple carbohydrates.
Sweets are simple carbs that give your a quick boost.
5 facts about simple carbs!
- Carbs are found in every living thing!
- Carbs come in 2 forms; complex and simple!
- Soda is the leading source of adding sugar in the diet of young americans!
- When resting, people use about 50% if their energy from carbs!
- Consumption of high fructose corn syrup has increased by 10,673% between 1978 and 2003!
Apples contain fiber, which is a simple sugar
Resting people get 50% of their energy from carbs
Being tired could mean you had too many simple carbs!
Simply too much sugar is bad for you.