Staff and Partner Bulletin May 26, 2016
This Week at REA
The Week in the REA Community
Monday, May 23, 2016 (A Day)
Bell 1 and 2 Exam
8:30-9:25- Hunter in Orange Pod First Floor
10:00 Meeting in Superintendent's Office - Myers- Priority Schools Assurance
3:00 Graduation Ticket Distribution
4:00 Summer Parent Meeting Cafeteria - ABC
7:00 Board Meeting - Val and Sal Presentation
Tuesday, May 24, 2016 (A Day)
Bell 6 and 4 Exams
Staff Meeting- Thanks to all who attended. Forgot to put it as a reminder.
8:30-9:25- Hunter in Orange Pod Second Floor10:00 Grades 3-6 Awards
Field Day 3-6
3:00 Primary Awards
Field Day K-2
4:00 GAIC Meeting Library
Wednesday, May 25, 2016 (A Day)
Bell 3 and 7 Exams
8:30-9:25—Hunter in Green Pod Second Floor
10:00 Withrow Graduation Practice
1:00 Movie with Principal Grade 3/4
5:00 Graduation Withrow
Thursday, May 26, 2016 (A DAY)Last Day for Students
Friday, May 27, 2016
8:30 Staff Potluck Breakfast
9:00 Staff Meeting until about 10:30
Staff Checkout from 10:00-3:00
Looking Ahead At REA
Next Week:Summer School-Begins June 1st
Congratulations to the Leadership Team at Riverview
Lindsey Wittich - Math CIS
Jason Leon Guerrero- SS CIS
Jenny Stehlin- Academic HS Lead Teacher
Penny Harris- Electives/Special Ed HS Lead Teacher
Kelly Grothouse - K-6 Case Coordinator
Steven Fragale - 7-12 Case Coordinator
Dave Lewis - HS Test Coordinator
Please extend congratulations to this new team. We look forward to seeing the amazing things that they are doing. Thanks for everyone's dedication to Riverview.
Reflections are done
We need to stop removing students and stating they need to go to the office. We can't maintain that except in a rare emergency, and we need to stop not admitting students to class except in the case of uniform, however, even those students need a note. We have worked on a great solution for uniform with the Middle School team which should help with uniform issues in the high school. Please look to emails to see these plans outlined in detail.
Thanks for the great ideas and solutions to problems. It is great that we can create solutions to problems instead of pointing to the problem, assigning the problem to someone, or admiring the problem. Great solutions on all teams for our challenges. Way to respect our school priorities.
Please make sure your ENTIRE- MEANING ALL OF THE BOXES-- are checked off for your "Check Out Sheet" before you consider yourself checked out. This is supposed to be done by Friday at 3:00. If you need an extension, please see Office Staff. We do not want to chase you down over this.
Assurances are in and we don't have a technical-----
Keep Law and Order in the Land
District has set Open House- Which we use for first quarter conferences as September 28th.
Lead Teacher Positions
Please bring a something for the Potluck Staff Breakfast on Friday starting at 830
Columbia Tusculum Street Festival
Saturday, June 18th, 2-9pm
Please give all senior awards to Ms. Harris to distribute during Class Day.
Text Book Inventory
1. We are not interested in your personal copies of books- but instead books that you are using in your classroom..
2. If you have a classroom set of independent reading, please mark "Various Titles" the number of books you have and not mark each title.
3. Please count books you are using in your classroom. Books in the bookrooms that you are not using, do not need to be included. However, if you have books in the bookrooms that you use, please indicate them on the sheet.
4. Same as above for books in pods.
5. This should take a short amount of time and will allow us to be accountable for what we have. If students have signed out books or do not return them, please give them an obligation.
6. This year Mr. Dearwester will be signing off on this. In past years it was other personnel. Please keep the pink copy for your records and give the office the yellow and white for our file.
Advisement Next Year
End of Year Celebrations
1. After Graduation, we all go to The Pub in Rookwood. We need help with clean up if anyone is available. See Ms. Harris to sign up, but please come out to celebrate an end of year.
2. The last staff meeting on May 27th, is a staff Pot Luck. Please bring delicious food. Administration gets the coffee. The staff meeting starts at 8:30.
Information for Paddlefest can be found here: