Eastconn Adult Programs
April 19 - 25, 2015
- talk it up with your students, including encouraging present students to attend to support their peers.
- talk up the scholarships and help students connect with Amy Hiller-White.
- submit suggestions for the student speakers.
- take and collect pictures of students who are graduating for the PowerPoint Presentation at graduation.
- attend graduation!
We hope to have the date confirmed within the next two weeks.
Excellent reading- "Watering Up the Curriculum for Adolescents with Learning Disabilities, Part 1: Goals of the Knowledge Dimensions"
- More emphasis on students' constructing knowledge
- More depth, less superficial coverage
- More emphasis on archetype concepts, patterns, and strategies
- More emphasis on developing relational understanding and knowledge connections to real-world contexts
- More student elaboration
- More emphasis on developing effective habits of the mind, higher order thinking and information processing skills, and learning strategies
One example he shares is using rainbow sticky-note semantic mapping. Students begin by drawing on the knowledge they have and then build relationships from there.
Check the article out at http://www.ldonline.org/article/5743
3. Dates to remember
Tuesday, April 21, 11-1 PM at NELC- Free Annual Health Assessment
Wednesday, April 22, 3-5 PM at CLC- Free Annual Health Assessment
For the above, call Larisa Carr at 860-455-1546 to make an appointment.
Tuesday, April 28 and Wednesday, April 29 at CLC- Bring a friend to class
Thursday, May 7, at 11:30 atCLC- Union Staff Luncheon for all staff
4. Photos and/or your contributions
5. E-mail signatures
EASTCONN’s Marketing and Communications Department has asked that all emails, internal and external, have the same signature line in any outgoing email. Please see the sample below as to how your email signature should look. If you are ever unsure of what is appropriate, please refer to the intranet, http://it.eastconn.org:81/departments/it.
Also, please ensure that there are no backgrounds and/or templates in your email communications. Keep in mind that we are a professional organization and our emails should convey this.
John Smith, Manager
Information Technology Department
376 Hartford Turnpike
Hampton, CT 06247