Burleson Elementary Newsletter
PURPLE NOTE - AUGUST 27, 2020
Buses will run at 1:00pm
A NOTE FROM MRS. COFFMAN
¡Este año nos enfocamos en la educación del carácter! ¡Queremos que todos los estudiantes crezcan y sean buenos ciudadanos y líderes! ¡Hemos creado un compromiso estudiantil que no podíamos esperar para compartir con ustedes! Por favor, discuta el compromiso y el significado con sus hijos. ¡Estamos orgullosos de ser Meadow Broncos! ¡Nos comprometemos a tomar posesión en el futuro para hacer siempre el bien y predicar con el ejemplo!
Reminders: 😊* Meadow shirt order form is due on Tuesday 09/01
* Check snack list
* Bring water bottle every day
* Bring library book on Tuesday to get a new one
1. We will begin having sight word tests every Friday. Practice words nightly.
2. Phonics Oral Assessments will happen every Friday. Those results will be sent home. They are good questions/things to be working on at home.
3. Bring a water bottle every day!
4. Bring your library book every day.
Please reach out if you need anything or have any questions!
1. We will take a sight word test EVERY Friday.
2. Beginning next week we will also have a spelling test on Fridays.
3. We have phonics homework nightly. The parent instructions are in a box on the back.
4. Practice addition facts nightly.
5. Please make sure your child has their library book every day.
*Bring a water bottle every day. It is hot outside and the kids get thirsty.
-Each Friday, second grade will have a spelling test, a Saxon assessment, and a Math facts assessment. Be sure to study the spelling words that are sent home on each Tuesday and look over the Saxon Phonics rules that have been taught each day.
-Some second graders have been tending to want to fall asleep in the afternoons this week. I know that the days are long but please try to make sure that they are getting a good night's rest so they make it through the school day.
-Remember to send a water bottle with you child everyday!
Just a reminder:
Make sure your child is practicing their math facts each night. We take our math fact tests on Fridays. They do not move to the next set of math facts until they get a 100 on their test. The kids are doing a great job adjusting the the new school year and are learning new things quickly!!! I am so proud of the accomplishments each of your students have made so far!!!
Please make sure your child is studying their Math facts every night. We will test on Math facts every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Also, please make sure that your child has headphones. We use our headphones almost everyday.
Please, remind your student to work on multiplication math facts. We are working with bigger numbers and knowing our math facts helps when doing 5th grade math.
Thank you, for your support!
We will be having a spelling test on Friday, please be sure they are studying! Also, library books have been checked out for awhile, 20 minutes of NIGHTLY reading is highly recommended. On Tuesday, we will be taking our AR Star, so please be sure students are well rested, this will show us what level of books they can get and their AR Goals for the 9 weeks!
- Bring a water bottle to school everyday
- Masks required for students in grades 4-5
- Students participate in 30 minutes of music and PE everyday. Please make sure children have athletic shoes to wear for PE.
- lTraiga una botella de agua a la escuela todos los días
- Se requieren máscaras para los estudiantes en los grados 4-5
- Los estudiantes participan en 30 minutos de música y educación física todos los días. Por favor, asegúrese de que los niños tengan zapatos deportivos para usar en educación física.
BRONCO FOOTBALL NEWS!!
Meadow Broncos @ NewcastleFriday, August 28, 2020