Genetically Modified Organisms
What they are and why they'll help you!
What are Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)?
Modifying organisms is replacing or adding genes between organisms to create the most beneficial types of organisms that can be made.
What are the benefits?
- Plants can be genetically changed to be insect repellents, or they can be designed to withstand harsh weathers.
- Animals can be modified to give more of whatever product they are providing.
- Plants can be modified to give more nutrition.
- Many plants can be modified to use less fertilizers and chemicals.
- Since GMOs are changed based on their environment, they can save resources that are scarce in that environment, such as water.