Chapman Chargers Update
Good afternoon Chapman Families!
* Thank you to all the families that attended the Ground Breaking Ceremony and The Color Run! See some pictures below!
Both events were a ton of fun! I am so excited about all the opportunities that are continuously opening up for our students!
* Socktober begins tomorrow! Please donate new socks for our families in need within our community!
* This week is spirit week in honor of it being Homecoming week at Carlson HS. Here are the spirit days that we will be participating in:
Monday: Hawaiian/Beach Day
Pull out your tropical gear, sun glasses, and leis as we kick off Spirit Week 2018.
Tuesday: Sports Day
Wear your favorite athletic jersey or team wear.
Wednesday: Dynamic Duo Day
Find a pal and dress up as your favorite duo; Batman and Robin, Luke and Leia,
Woody and Buzz....the choice is yours.
Thursday: Crazy Hair Day
The possibilities are endless
Friday:Blue and White Day
Wear Chapman Gear or Blue and White in honor of CHS.
We will also have COLOR MRS. GUIZZETTI assembly on Friday afternoon to end our spirit week! Congratulations to Mrs. Johnson's Kindergarten Class for being the top fundraisers for the Color Run! Congratulations!
** The next PTO meeting will be Tuesday, October 9th at 6 PM followed up Coffee with the Principal on Wednesday, October 10th at 9 AM. Please feel free to join us for both! All are welcome!
* It is that time a year where we have to be very careful about sending our students to school when they are not feeling well. Remember that students should be fever free for at least 24 hours before returning to school. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us and we can help in making a decision.
* Wednesday, October 10th is Walk to School Day. If possible, students are encouraged to walk or bike to school!
* October 9th is the first Released Time Bible Class. Remember you need a permission slip to attend this monthly class from 1:30-3:00. If you have any questions, please contact Jay Cooper at 734-262-1528.
* Thank you to all the parents in the morning in car pool! You are doing fabulous! Please remember for your safety and the safety of the students to please only get out on the curb side of the car. If you have to get out of the car for any reason please park in the parking lot to do so. Please stay in line in car pool and not cut around. This is for the safety of the families that are crossing the car pool lane. I appreciate all the great work and how smoothly the morning drop off procedures are going! Well done!
* Please like our Facebook page Chapman Elementary (SEARCH FOR @GSDChapman on Facebook or follow this link https://www.facebook.com/pg/GSDChapman/services/?ref=page_internal ) and follow us on Twitter @guizzettiland #GSDChapman. This is a great way to stay informed of school happenings throughout the year.
Count On Me,
Principal, Chapman Elementary