Roynon Raccoon Report
Back to School ~ August, 2021 (Volume X, Edition 1)
Welcome to the 2021-22 School Year at Roynon Elementary
On behalf of the Roynon Elementary staff, I welcome you to Roynon Elementary and the 2021-2022 school year! We are happy that you are a part of our school community. We look forward to providing in-person instruction this year while abiding by the current CDPH and LACDPH health orders.
You should have already received an email from me with an introductory letter and information regarding InfoSnap. As a reminder, if you do not complete InfoSnap, you will not receive an email on Friday with your child's teacher and your student will not be able to attend class until it is completed.
A few important dates:
- Kindergarten and 1st Grade Class Assignments emailed on Thursday, August 19th at 5pm.
- Grades 2 - 5 Class Assignments emailed on Friday, August 20th at 5pm.
- First Day of School: Monday, August 23rd.
- Compact Day Dismissal (1:15pm for Grades 1-5): Thursday, August 26th
- Virtual Back to School Night (schedule below): Thursday, August 26th
- Minimum Day Dismissal (12:35pm for Grades 1-5): Friday, August 27th
- Coffee with Principal and PTA: Friday, September 3rd at 8am
- Labor Day (No School): Monday, September 6th
- Kindergarten Dismissal Time Change to 1:20pm: Monday, September 20th
Please be sure that your email and phone numbers are always up to date. Our primary communication is via email and the new ParentSquare app (information below). I also publish a quick (less than 5 minute) video (MONDAY MUST KNOWS) most Monday mornings with weekly updates.
Be on the lookout for the Roynon Student Folder that will be sent home on the first day of school. It has important information from Roynon as well as our PTA.
We are looking forward to seeing all of our Raccoons on Monday, August 23rd!
Your Partner in Education,
- Under current health orders from the California Department of Public Heath (CDPH) and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LACDPH), all students, staff, and visitors must wear a mask while indoors.
- Masks are not required outdoors.
- Please read the email sent on August 12th by Superintendent Coles. A copy of Superintendent Coles letter is attached below.
Self-Screening for Students & Visitors
Drop Off and Pick Up Information
- Drop off time is between 8:00am - 8:10am, unless the student is eating breakfast on campus. Breakfast drop off is at 7:45am in front of the MPR on the south campus. There is no supervision on campus until 7:45am, so at no point should a student be dropped off prior to this time. Thank you for working with us to keep all of our students safe.
- Kindergarten students may be dropped off and picked up by an adult in the kindergarten yard area each day.
- Students in Grades 1 & 2 may be dropped off in front of the north campus. Pick up is on the blacktop or in front of the school, depending on the classroom. Each teacher will share with you their pick up location. An adult will need to make contact with the teacher when picking up the student.
- Students in Grades 3 - 5 may be dropped off along E Street or in the 6th Street parking lot circle. Students will be dismissed from their classrooms to walk outside to E Street to meet their family.
- On the FIRST DAY of school ONLY, parents may walk their students on to campus and up to the classroom door. Parents may not enter the classroom due to health concerns. In addition, we ask that you enter and exit campus quickly on Monday, so that we do not have an abundance of adults on campus at one time due to health concerns. Thank you for your understanding.
- Starting on Tuesday, parents are not permitted to be on campus. All students (except kinder) will need to be dropped off at the front of the campus. Parents must check in with the office for all school business.
Information about Breakfast and Lunch at Roynon
BREAKFAST: Students eating breakfast should arrive as early as 7:45am and report directly to the cafeteria. Students must wear a mask to enter the cafeteria to get their breakfast and then will exit the cafeteria and eat outside on the blue tables adjacent to our cafeteria/MPR. No adults are permitted in the outdoor eating area. We have campus aides who supervise our students eating breakfast that will escort the primary students to the north campus after eating breakfast. *In order for students to have enough time to eat breakfast, they should arrive prior to 8am. Students line up for class at 8:10am.
LUNCH: Students in Grades 1-5 will eat by grade level outside at the blue tables adjacent to our cafeteria/MPR. Students entering the cafeteria/MPR to get a grab and go lunch, hot lunch, or milk must wear a mask when entering the cafeteria.