September 25, 2015
VISION COHORT 7
Now accepting participants for Vision Cohort 7.
- Classes will be held from 8:00-12:00 on October 24, November 14, December 5, January 9, and January 30 at Peachtree Ridge High School.
- The Offices of Language Arts , Math, and Science are partnering to offer professional development that promotes a workshop model classroom and encourages cross curricular reading and writing.
- Our learning topics this year include the Gradual Release of Responsibility, the craft of reading and writing, and learning through inquiry.
- K-5 classes will have a STEM focus.
- Participants with at least 80% attendance will earn two PLUs.
- Participants with 100% attendance will receive copies of all professional and mentor texts used in their grade level class during the Vision sessions.
Participants must register in the PD&E tool no later than October 9.
Participants should register for the section number appropriate to their grade levels: K– #21383, 1st gr– #21384, 2nd gr- #21385, 3rd gr- #21386, 4th gr- #21387, 5th gr- #21388.
Camp Creek ES PL COMMUNITY NOW LIVE IN GCPS PORTAL!
- The Camp Creek ES Professional Learning Community provides an online extended learning opportunity to foster collaborative learning among colleagues regarding instructional best practices that are in direct alignment with the Camp Creek ES 2015-2016 Local School Plan for Improvement (LSPI).
- I have attempted to add all certified staff to the "Camp Creek ES Professional Learning Community" in the GCPS Employee Portal.
- If you search under "Collaboration" and choose "Communities", you should be able to locate "Camp Creek ES Professional Learning Community".
- If you follow these steps and find that you ARE NOT a member, please let me know and I will make sure that you are added.
- Please note that the only "non staff member" in the group is our Executive Director, Ms. Peggy Goodman.
- I have posted our first article of study titled "What is Balanced Literacy?".
- You have the ability to read the article and then respond to the associated question posted in the "Forum" section of the community.
- Responses for this article are be "due" by Friday, October 2.
- Each week, we will post a new article, video, resource, etc along with a response item.
- By participating in at least 10 of the opportunities presented, you will be eligible to earn 1 PLU.
- You can do this independently or together as a grade level during your common planning time.
- Please know that each individual will need to record his/her own response in the community forum to receive credit.
- This will be a work in progress that evolves as we become more proficient in our usage - and as we continue to look at data to determine our academic needs and areas for professional growth.
THE CCES NEW ADDITION IS COMING RIGHT ALONG!
Stay tuned for more details!
SEPTEMBER 2015 CALENDAR
SEPTEMBER STAFF BIRTHDAYS
OCTOBER 2015 CALENDAR
OCTOBER STAFF BIRTHDAYS
LAST CALL FOR CHICK-FIL-A CALENDARS!
- Cade Brown and Mason Davis are selling Chick-fil-A calendars for MPAA football!
- The cost is $9.00 per calendar.
- Orders and money due by Monday, September 28.
- CASH or check made payable to Teaneal Brown - sales will be split evenly.
- Would you or your child like to make a little extra cash during Thanksgiving Break and Winter Break caring for a sweet, adorable, loving little dog?
- Our little Chip needs a good home for when the McClellans are on vacation.
- He is everything you could ever want in a dog.... a yorkie poo......12 pounds, potty trained, no barking, friendly to a fault, no shedding, hypoallergenic, sweet to everyone.
- If interested, please email or call JULIE MCCLELLAN @ 404-992-8761.