Blackbird and Shay Elementary
Showing School Spirit at the Homecoming Parade
NO SCHOOL - November 27th-29th Thanksgiving Break
Halloween Parade and Safety Tips:
Harbor Springs Elementary School Parade
1:15 pm downtown Harbor Springs
Parents please remember this is an "elementary" halloween parade. All costumes need to be weapon free and culturally sensitive. Students are not allowed to come to school in costumes, students will be changing into costumes after lunch.
Harbor Springs Police Department Halloween Safety Tips
1. Remember to be watching for cars and bicycles. You may be watching them but they may not be watching you.
2. Before crossing the street look both ways. Look, listen, and watch as you cross the street. If you have a hard time seeing out of your mask lift it up.
3. Do not walk in-between parked vehicles to cross the street. If you run out from in-between the cars someone may not see you and you could be hit.
4. While crossing the street it is a good idea to hold onto your mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, aunt, or uncle’s hand.
5. If you are going out alone try to go with a friend. This way you can keep an eye on one another.
6. Go to houses that you know or that are well lighted. Avoid houses that are not.
7. If someone wants you to get into their car or asks to give you a ride home leave immediately and tell someone you trust (Parents, Relatives, Teachers, Principal, Police Officer, ETC.).
8. Know how long Trick or Treating will last. If your parents are in there car make sure you stay where they can see you.
9. If it is dark carry a flashlight so you don’t trip walking down sidewalks, stairs, or across someone’s yard.
10. Don’t eat your candy while going from house to house. Wait until you get home and have an adult go through the candy with you to make sure it is good to eat.
11. Never go into someone’s house unless you know that person or you have been to that person’s house with your parents.
12. We should never run because we could trip and fall on a sharp object, hit our head, or you could run into someone else.
13. Make sure your costume lets you see and hear perfectly.
14. Have lots of fun, eat lots of candy, and watch out for those ghosts and goblins.
PE Class with Mr. Wood - Playing A New Game "Dead Bugs"
Seeking Donations for the Piper-Furstenberg Community Fundraiser
Do you have a unique hobby or skill that you could teach others? Are you artistic and creative and have a product you'd like to donate? We are seeking donations for our silent and live auctions on November 9, 2019 at Nubs Nob (see attached flyer for more details). Creative ideas include cooking classes, fishing trips/guides, homemade crafts, mountain biking tours...the possibilities are endless. Contact Heather Keiser at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to make a donation.
New Rams Pride Shirts for Blackbird Students - We Are Rams!
*All Open Gyms are finished except for Sunday evenings at 6:30pm.
HS Band Holiday Fruit Sale
It's that time of year again. Will you please consider supporting our HSPS Bands by placing a fruit order?
You can place your order with any HSHS Band student or drop off at the High School. Thank you for your support!