Falcon Ridge Family Updates
March 13, 2023
News and Tidbits
I hope you had a dandy weekend with your family!
Our theme this year is Keep on Truckin'. Our character development will focus on a growth mindset. This month's character trait is patience. Be sure and ask your student if he/she has earned a Falcon Card.
As a reminder, Brown Bus has adjusted the first two bus stop times due to construction. Please check the brown bus schedule on the website to see updated stop times. As we approach the winter season please be mindful of driving conditions. Please note that due to inclement weather (snow, slick roads, etc.) and the traffic delays caused by the inclement weather that routes could possibly be running :15 minute +/- late. Please be patient, prepared and plan accordingly.
We are glad you have chosen Falcon Ridge Charter School as your school of choice. We are honored to partner with you in your child's education.
Keep on Truckin',
*PTO Meeting on Thursday 4/6 at 7-8pm
*Spring Carnival Friday 4/7 6-8pm
We are so excited to bring back our Spring Carnival. There will be fan favorites such as Clyde the Camel, Carnival Games, Bounce House, Popcorn, Cotton Candy, etc. This year there will also be new additions. We will have Kiss the Pony, a Petting Zoo, a Bake Sale, and Pie the Teacher!
Jars are set up outside the office now for kiddos to vote for which teacher should get pie'd the night of Carnival. A big THANK YOU to Mrs. Willis, Mrs. Bassett and Mr. Shapiro for signing up to get pie'd! All funds raised from Pie the Teacher will go to celebrate our teachers during Teacher Appreciation Week.
We allowed teachers to sign up for games at the Carnival first. However, we still need YOU the parents! Below is the sign up to help run a game at Carnival. It takes a village to make these events happen and we are truly blessed to have such amazing families at Falcon Ridge. Thank you!!
* Dining out Fundraiser with Pieology in Kuna on 4/21 - 10:30am - 9pm
Patience Resources for Parents
Teaching self-control: Evidence-based tips
Good Manners for Kids to Have
- Saying “thank you” after something is received, given or exchanged.
- Using the word “please” when you’re asking for help or would like to receive something you want or need.
- Looking people in the eye when you greet them or if they’re talking to you. (Once toddlers master please and thank you, then begin working on eye-contact.)
- Greeting others with “hello” or “goodbye” as well as responding to someone when they greet you.
- Saying “I’m sorry” or “excuse me.”
- Holding the door open for others.
- Not speaking over others, but waiting until it’s their turn to talk.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures
· Students can be dropped off for school at 7:50 am. Before that time, there is no supervision for students.
· When dropping off/picking up students, please be patient and drive slowly. Safety is a top priority for us.
· We start dismissal at 2:45 pm. Dismissal takes some time, so please don’t be concerned if students aren’t coming outside right away.
· If you are picking up your student, please wait in your car until your student comes to you. Students being picked up are dismissed last, so please be patient.
· If you are parking and walking to the front door to pick up your student, please be aware that the small parking lot west of the school is closed during dismissal. This is to protect students exiting to school buses. Please park in the larger parking lot, walk to the front of the school, and walk your student to your car. Students are not allowed to walk through the buses or the car pick up line by themselves.
· Please pick up your student on time. Students not picked up on time wait with a staff member, so please try to be prompt.
Dismissal Changes--If your student has a change in their normal dismissal plan, please follow these guidelines:
· If you know about the change before school starts, send a note with the student for the teacher.
· If you know about the change after school starts and before 12:00 pm, please email the teacher directly (for middle school, email the 8th period teacher.)
· If dismissal changes happen after 12:00 pm, please email the office, email@example.com.
· Please try to take care of all dismissal changes by 2:00 pm. If there is an emergency and a dismissal change needs to happen after 2:00 pm, please call the school office. Messages will be checked before final dismissal, but we will not have time to return phone calls.
Student Dress Code
In an effort to provide a safe and orderly school environment for your children, we will expect the following dress guidelines followed by the students of Falcon Ridge Public Charter School. Our focus at Falcon Ridge Public Charter School is to create an educational atmosphere with the fewest disruptions.
1. Gang attire of any kind is strictly prohibited, ie. Garments that are suggestive or garments that advertise illegal substances or obscene statements are not allowed.
2. Brief garments such as halter tops, bare midriffs, tube tops, net tops, tank tops, spaghetti straps, and plunging necklines (front or back) are not appropriate. All shirts must be wider than three adult fingers on the shoulder. Shorts and skirts shorter than fingertip length are inappropriate.
3. Pajamas or slippers of any kind are strictly prohibited.
4. Makeup (lipstick, rouge, blush, eye makeup) are not allowed at Falcon Ridge Public Charter School. Blemish correction and clear lip gloss are acceptable.
5. Hair color will be within the natural color spectrum (brown, black, blonde or auburn.)
6. No pierced jewelry, other than in the ears, will be permitted.
7. Students will wear or change into athletic shoes for P.E.
8. No hats indoors except for special spirit days.
Our goal is to provide an academic environment free of distractions being conducive to learning and a social environment that supports the development of kind and respectful relationships. Use of any electronic devices such as cell phones must be turned off and in your backpack at all times. Any student using their phone or any electronic device other than before or after school will have them confiscated. If a student needs to contact a parent, he or she should come to the office. Conversely, if a parent needs to contact a student, he or she should contact the office.
Average Daily Attendance
K - 94.79%
1st - 91.38%
3rd - 93.30%
4th - 97.35%
5th - 96.97%
6th - 97.35%
7th - 97.35%
8th - 94.76%
3/10 - Lottery Closed
3/14 ~ Board Meeting
3/15 - STEM Club @ 3:00 p.m.
3/17 - End of Quarter 3
3/17- Choir Concert @ 2:15 p.m.
3/17 - Ski Night @ 5:00 p.m.
3/20 - 3/24 Spring Break
3/31 - Student Birthday Celebrations
STEM Club Dates