Finley-Oates Elementary School
Please be considerate when dropping off or picking up your student by not parking in our marked Handicapped Parking spaces unless you have a valid tag or sticker.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Student Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Please do not drop students off at the front doors (east side).
- Parents may drop-off on the west side of the building, or go through the drive on the north side.
- Students are tardy if they are not in class by 7:40 am.
- Kindergarten Dismissal-West Side of the Building; 2:55 pm
- First Grade Dismissal-West Side of the Building; 3:10 pm
- Second Grade Dismissal-North Side of the Building; 3:10 pm
- Third Grade Dismissal-North Side of the Building; 3:10 pm
Anyone picking up a student before 2:30 pm must bring a valid government-issued photo ID
(ex: driver's license).
Please display your car tags!
Please help us speed up dismissal by displaying your child's name and teacher in the front window of your car. This helps our staff get your child to you faster. If you need another one, please let your child's teacher know.
September Character Trait
Breakfast and Lunch
Breakfast and lunch are free for ALL students.
School Custodian Appreciation Day
Thank you to our school custodians! We appreciate you all so much!
Fact: Our custodians clean about 15,394,860 sq. ft. of our school each year!
Bonham Area Great Days of Service
BISD Food Drive
On Saturday October 15th, volunteers will check-in at the Family Life Center starting at 8:00 am and be treated to a pancake breakfast by the First United Methodist Church. By 9:00 am volunteers will be sent out to begin work on several different service projects.
Volunteers are encouraged to sign up soon at www.gdsbonham.org. Some projects have limits to the numbers of volunteers. Children and youth under age 18 are welcome to volunteer, as long as they have a responsible adult that will stay with them.
Service projects still in need of volunteers include:
· Community Clean-up – volunteers will pick up trash, pull weeds, put out mulch, weed-eat, rake leaves, pick up branches and clean up at downtown Bonham and 3 local cemeteries: Gates-Hill, Bailey Inglish and Willow Wild. Volunteers are encouraged to bring work gloves, trash bags, other clean up tools.
· Food Drive – volunteers will sort, move and re-stock the shelves of local organizations who give food to hungry people.
· Fannin County Children's Center - cleaning projects inside and out at this local nonprofit that serves abused and neglected children. Inside cleaning projects include deep cleaning, vacuuming, disinfecting and more. Outside projects include pulling weeds, mowing, edging, raking, etc. Volunteers are encouraged to bring work gloves, rakes, weedeaters, shovels, etc. if they can.
· Foster Village North Texas (The Isaiah's Closet) - this nonprofit that serves foster care children and families and needs help with three projects: 1) Inventory of the items in their Care Closet. (10-15 Volunteers) 2) Cleaning up the exterior behind their building. Will need work gloves. A weedeater would be useful.(2-4 Volunteers) 3) General clean-up/maintenance inside (touch-up paint, clean windows, replace lightbulbs, replace some ceiling tiles, etc) (4-6 Volunteers)
· Powder Creek Playground - projects could include picking up trash, spreading mulch and putting fresh coats of paint or stain on the playground equipment. Please bring work gloves, trash bags, rakes, paint brushes, etc. if you can.
· Creative Arts Center - Come help tackle projects both indoors and outdoors at this local nonprofit organization that makes a wide variety of art accessible to all members of our community. Inside cleaning projects include general and deep cleaning, organizing, and more. Outside projects include picking up trash, pulling weeds, and edging. Please bring work gloves, rakes, weedeaters, etc. if you can.
October 10th-October 14th
Fall Book Fair
Tuesday, October 18th
5:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Red Ribbon Week
Scan the QR Code above to go to our website!
The Bonham Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or disability in matters affecting employment or in providing access to programs. Inquiries related to the policies of the Bonham Independent School District should be directed to: Superintendent, Bonham ISD, P.O. Box 490, Bonham, Texas 75418. Telephone number is 903-583-5526, extension 1100.