October 28, 2019
There was a time in my educational career when my motivation was tested. I felt tired and drained because I was teaching during the day and pursuing my master's degree at night. I shared my concerns with a colleague and she suggested that I start setting intentions for the day each morning. I had to be clear what I wanted to achieve that day, such as staying calm when things got "testy" or taking time to get to know my students better. I still use this strategy today while working on my Superintendency as each morning I think of what I want to achieve. At night, before I go to sleep, I will check back with myself to see if I achieved my goals. While not everyday results in the completion of goals set out in the morning, the motivation is always there to accomplish them the next day...
Have a great week and as always... It's a Great Day to be a Chieftain!
Semester Exam Exemptions
- The student maintains a 96% attendance rate through December 13.
- The student must be passing all courses for the semester.
- The student has no major discipline defined as no more than four detentions, So Saturday School, no ISS or OSS moving forward.
- The student must be free of fees and fines from the Library.
- Students who are exempt but choose to take a semester exam can only improve their grades. In this case, the semester exam cannot negatively impact the semester average.
It is the student's responsibility to maintain all qualifying criteria moving forward. Failure to do so will disqualify the student's eligibility for any exemption.
Calendar of Events
- 7:30 am PLC in Conference Center
- Picture Re-Takes
- Cross Country Regional Meet
- Enrichment: Seniors with WTAMU
- 7:15 pm Community Pep-Rally
- TAFE Field Trip to Educon 2019
- Enrichment: Juniors ASVAB Interpretation
- 5:00 pm CMS @ Ralls
- 7:00 pm CHS vs Ralls
- 5th Quarter at St. Joseph Catholic Church
- 10:00 am CHS Girls Basketball vs Silverton