A Place To Stay Awhile
- Summer: 70-82 degrees Fahrenheit
- Winter: 50-60 degrees Fahrenheit
- 42 inches of average rainfall each year
How To Fit In
- It is common for people to kiss each other on the cheek as a greeting
- People crack raw eggs on the heads of people during their birthday
- Women carry their children around a lot
- Children line the streets offering to do services or perform for any amount of coin
Digging Deeper Into Culture
Heritage, Stuart. "Nine Things You Probably Never Knew about Uruguay." The Guardian. N.p., 22 Oct. 2003. Web. 22 Apr. 2015. <http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theguardian.com%2Fworld%2Fshortcuts%2F2013%2Foct%2F22%2Fnine-things-never-knew-uruguay-legal-marijuana>.
"World Weather & Climate Information." Weather and Climate: Uruguay, Average Monthly Rainfall, Sunshine, Temperature, Humidity, Wind Speed. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Apr. 2015. <http://www.weather-and-climate.com/average-monthly-Rainfall-Temperature-Sunshine-in-Uruguay>.
"World Weather & Climate Information." Weather and Climate: Montevideo, Uruguay, Average Monthly , Rainfall (millimeter), Sunshine, Temperatures (celsius), Sunshine, Humidity, Water Temperature, Wind Speed. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Apr. 2015. <http://www.weather-and-climate.com/average-monthly-Rainfall-Temperature-Sunshine,Montevideo,Uruguay>.
"American AnthropologistVolume 57, Issue 3, Article First Published Online: 28 OCT 2009." A Typology of Latin American Subcultures. N.p., 28 Oct. 2009. Web. 22 Apr. 2015. <http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1525/aa.1955.57.3.02a00040/pdf>.
"Countries and Their Cultures." Culture of Uruguay. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Apr. 2015. <http://www.everyculture.com/To-Z/Uruguay.html>.
Axtell, Roger E., and Mike Fornwald. Gestures: The Do's and Taboos of Body Language around the World. New York: Wiley, 1998. Print.