Tiger Family Newsletter
December 4, 2022
Week Of December 12th
Monday 12/12 - Boys Basketball Practice, Karate, STEM CLUB, School Board Meeting
Tuesday 12/13 - STEM Club, Coding Club 2nd/3rd grade, Boys Basketball @ McKinley
Wednesday 12/14 - Boys Basketball Game @ Home VS. Patton, Club Leo
Thursday 12/15- Coding Club 4th/5th grade, Boys Basketball @ Schrum, Polished Pebbles, Chess Club
Friday 12/16 - Karate, Dance
Fifth Grade Band
The Fifth Grade Band performed several songs at the Winter Concert this past Thursday. Great Job!
The Lincoln 5th grade and Junior High Chorus combined for a special musical number complete with props at the Winter Concert this past Thursday. Great work!
Lincoln Junior High Band
The Lincoln Junior High Band performed at the Calumet City Tree Lighting Ceremony on Friday, December 2. In this picture they are preparing to warm up before the ceremony.
Fifth Grade Band
Quick Reading Tips!
Reading With Your Preschool - Kindergarten Age Child
- Read a book with your child everyday and point out letters, numbers, pictures, colors, shapes, etc. Let your child handle the book, too
- Talk to your child throughout the day to help build her/his vocabulary
- Visit the library frequently to familiarize your child with the library's purpose
Reading With Your Elementary Age Child
- Set aside a time every day for reading a book together and talking about it afterwards.
- Encourage your child to read what she/he writes out loud
- Ask your child to help you read a recipe before cooking, read a map while you drive, or read instructions for putting something together
Reading With Your Middle School Age Child
- Encourage your child to read different types of literature: newspaper articles, magazines, poems, etc.
- Ask your child to help you look up words and answers using different resources: dictionaries, the Internet, etc. Help your child link this new knowledge and vocabulary with things learned previously
- Set aside at least 15 mins. each evening for family reading time.
Important Testing Information, Please Read!
Cada miércoles se realizarán pruebas de Covid, RSV y Flu en la escuela de Lincoln. La prueba se completa con un hisopo bucal y los resultados se devuelven en un día. Las pruebas serán completadas por los laboratorios de S&T. Complete el siguiente formulario para notificarnos sus deseos para su hijo con respecto a las pruebas. Las pruebas también están disponibles los lunes, pero solo para los estudiantes que se sospecha que están enfermos. ¡Gracias!
Parent Information and Resources
Please support the Club Leo Blanket and Sock Drive!
Early Pickups and Parent Visitors
- If you are picking your child up early or are coming for a meeting, please have your Drivers License or State ID with you. We need to scan the IDs of all adults coming into the building during the day.
- Also, please be sure to tell anyone that is an Emergency Contact to have their ID when picking your child up as well.
- We strongly suggest checking your information in the PowerSchool Parent Portal for accuracy. If you need assistance you can contact our PowerSchool Parent Helpers at pshelp@L156.org
Para leer el boletin en español use el botón Traducir
Arrival and Dismissal
Arrival - Please pull all the way up to the Main Entrance Area before letting your child out of your vehicle. There are staff members posted to ensure that your child arrives to their designated door safely. Do not let your child out in the middle of 157th Street, it is unsafe for your child to cross through cars using the drop off lane. Also, please be mindful of students on 156th Place. The school zone speed limit is 20 MPH.
Dismissal - Please maintain a 20 MPH speed around the building. Also, please watch for students that are still learning traffic safety. The staff parking lot is NOT a designated pick up area, please do not use this space to pick up your child.
- Wednesday, December 21 - Last Day of School Before Break
- Thursday, December 22 - Friday, January 6 - Winter Break
- Monday, January 16 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day - No School