Sequoia Elementary Newsletter
School News and Updates
Dear Sequoia Families,
We've started our annual state testing this week in grades 3-6. In addition to classroom assessments, social/emotional gains, state testing is one measure we look at critically when analyzing student growth. We will be testing over the next couple weeks so it will be very important that students are here each day. If at all possible, make appointments for the afternoon or after school. At our assembly this week I spoke about how important it is to get good sleep at night and breakfast in the morning so that ALL of our students come to school ready to learn. Thank you for the ways you support your children at home!
We've got two more days to collect donations for our Read-A-Thon! Students have done an amazing job of logging their reading sessions and getting to the 10 million word school-wide goal. Please continue to encourage them to finish out strong!
Get your tickets for the Sequoia Spring Soiree on May 19th! Space is limited and time is running out. It is guaranteed to be a great time with parents and staff from Sequoia. Get a babysitter and enjoy a night out!
Lastly, this is a reminder about the playground after school. We love that families and students want to play and chat after school. Our Sequoia community is part of what we all love about being here! However, I've had some complaints about rough play and students not following school rules on the play structure (Vortex) and grass area. The Vortex is open to Sequoia families until 3:15. Because we have no additional supervision after school, parents need to make sure they are supervising students and ensuring they are being safe and following rules. At 3:15 daycare needs to have access to Vortex and the black top area, so please exit at that time. Thank you for your help and cooperation in keeping this area safe for everyone!
Have a good week!
Reminder: Collect Your Box Tops!
Fine Arts Day!
Friday, April 27th, 8am-2pm
5305 Dupont Drive
Santa Rosa, CA
Talent Show Auditions!
Monday, April 30th, 3-5pm
Sequoia Talent Show Auditions are April 30th!
Sequoia staff will judge the auditions and announce the acts selected to perform. We are excited to see the talent from our Sequoia Giants!
There are a few guidelines for our performers:
* Each act should be 2 minutes or less.
* Each performer is limited to one group act and one solo act.
* All performers are required to attend all rehearsals.
* All performers must be currently attending Sequoia Elementary
* School rules must be observed at all times
* Behavior at rehearsals will be respectful and supportive of all performers
The schedule this year is:
Auditions : April 30, 2018
Rehearsals: May 14, 2018 and May 21, 2018
Talent Show Performances: May 30, 2018. Morning show at 8:45am. Evening show at 6:30pm
6th Grade Class Car Wash
Saturday, May 5th, 10:30am-3:30pm
Sequoia/RVCS Parking Lot
- Please join us for the 6th Grade Class Car Wash and give your ride a bath!
- Sponsored by the Sequoia Parents Club, this 6th Grade class fundraiser will help offset costs for the annual camp trip and other awesome things.
- 6th grade students will make your car shine for a $10 donation.
Sequoia's Spring Soiree
Saturday, May 19th, 6pm
Santa Rosa Scottish Rite Temple, Acacia Lane, Santa Rosa, CA, USA
Click the link below for more details:
Click the Green Sequoia Yearbook button below to order your 2018 yearbook!
Upcoming Dates and Events
- April 27th: Fine Arts Day
- April 30th: Talent Show Auditions
- May 5th: 6th Grade Car Wash
- May 19th: Sequoia Spring Soiree