King Philip Middle School
May 15, 2023
This Week at a Glance
KPMS Announcements & Reminders
Thank You, KPMS PTSO!
Thank you to the Heather Townsend, Lauren Cecko, Jen McCrave, and Colleen O'Shea (Colleen's Crafts) for organizing a wonderful appreciation week for the staff at KPMS. Also, thank you to all of the parents who made donations. We are so grateful for your support. The whole week was amazing!
Information about Marijuana Edibles from the Healthy KP Coalition
Please see the information below about Edible Cannabis and Youth. Click on the picture to access the full pdf.
Wellness Updates and Resources
From Dot Pearl, Director of Wellness for Norfolk, Plainville, Wrentham & King Philip Schools:
Please see this month's Wellness Updates and Resources, which includes the following:
- Recording link of Dr. Elizabeth Englander's April 26th presentation, Promoting Safe and Healthy Tech Use, for those who were unable to attend
- Important update on SNAP, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Addressing fear of housing loss from the Attorney General's Office
- Thanks to presenters and resource providers of the May 6 event.
- Mental Health Awareness Month
- Edible Cannabis
- Choose Love event sponsored by the Y on May 24
- Social Host Law
Join the KP Marching Band & Color Guard
Save the Date for the KPMS Fine Arts Showcase!
Support KP High School at the Following Events
AI Summer Program Taught by Stanford Alumni at Newton North High School
Inspirit AI is offering an in-person, 30-hour pre-college AI program hosted at Newton North High School that teaches students in grades 8-12 fundamental AI concepts and guides them to build socially impactful projects such as safe ChatGPT bots, exoplanet search, self-driving car systems, and more! Stanford and MIT graduates in AI will be present in person from July 10-21 to teach. Please read more information in the program brochure and apply here. If you cannot attend in person, students may apply to the live online program at www.inspiritai.com Program contact: Jared Greene, firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Norfolk Master Plan Workshop
Did you miss the kickoff event for the Norfolk Master Plan forum? Join us for a workshop!
The Town is hosting a virtual workshop on Wednesday, May 24 at 7pm to hear how households with children and young adults experience Norfolk. We hope you can join us! Register for the Zoom event here: mapc.ma/norfolkworkshop.
We also invite you to participate in a survey. We want to hear what your vision and hopes are for Norfolk.
Learn more about the Master Plan: mapc.ma/norfolk2035
From Food Services
KPMS Main Lunch
Monday, May 15 - Stuffed Crust Pizza, Crispy Chicken Patty, Roasted Mixed Veggies, Caesar or Chicken Caesar Salad or Wrap
Tuesday, May 16 - Baked Rotini, Ham & Cheese Croissant, Garden Salad, Asian Chicken Salad, Buffalo Popcorn Chicken Wrap
Wednesday, May 17 - Cheesy Max Sticks w/Marinara Sauce, Chopped Philly Cheesesteak Sub w/Onions & Pepper, Peas, Chef Salad, Italian Cold Cut Wrap
Thursday, May 18 - Popcorn Chicken Mashed Potato Bowl w/Corn & Dinner Roll, Chicken Patty Sandwich, Crispy Chicken Caesar Salad or Wrap
Friday, May 19 - School Baked Pizza - Cheese, Bacon, Pepperoni, Veggie Deluxe; Bacon Cheeseburger, Sweet Potato Fries
Served Daily: Cheeseburgers, Hamburgers, Veggie Burgers, Pizza, Sandwiches, Vegetarian Salad, Vegetarian Wrap, Yogurt Parfait
Served daily with all meals: Fruit, Juice, Vegetables
Important School Dates
- Monday, May 29 - No School, Memorial Day
- Wednesday, May 31 - Early Release (11:00 AM), Staff Professional Development
- Tuesday, June 6 - Schoolwide MAP Growth Testing in Reading, 7:35-9:30 AM
- Wednesday, June 7 - Schoolwide MAP Growth Testing in Math, 7:35-9:30 AM
- Wednesday, June 7 - KPMS Fine Arts Showcase, 5:00-8:00 PM
- Friday, June 9 - Grade 8 Dance, 7:00 - 9:00 PM, KPMS
- Tuesday, June 13 - KPMS Grade 8 Awards Night, 6:30-7:30 PM, KP High School Auditorium
- Thursday, June 15 - Grade 8 Field Day & Cookout
- Friday, June 16 - Grade 8 Field Trip; Grade 7 Field Day
- Monday, June 19 - No School, Juneteenth
- Tuesday, June 20 - Last Day of School, Early Release - 9:40 AM
Please follow the KP Regional School District on Social Media!
News Blog: KingPhilipNews.org
KPMS Instagram: kingphilipms
King Philip Middle School
Location: 18 King Street, Norfolk, MA, USA
Principal, King Philip Middle School