Salary and Beyond
You don't get all of your paychecks
What are net and gross pay?
How to evaluate salary
A salary evaluation is a process for ensuring the wages being paid are on par with the market. Should be done at least annually. Employees are evaluated and communicated with on a regular basis to ensure how they are doing their job. They may be given raises for good evaluations. It should be made into a habit to regularly review salary data.
- Overtime pay
- Performance Reviews
- Opportunities for promotion
Types of benefits & what they are
- Paid Leave- paid time off for holidays, vacation, and illnesses
- Health Insurance- Group health insurance dramatically lowers what you pay to see doctors, get prescriptions, and go to the hospital. Dental and vision insurance may also be offered.
- Retirement Savings Plans- You can contribute to a workplace retirement plan and even receive additional money.
- Life and Disability Insurance- Insurance that pays if you die or become unable to work due to an illness, injury, or other impairment.
- Tuition Assistance- Your employer pays all or part of tuition expenses toward a degree or certification.
- Training and Professional Development- your employer might offer or pay for classes, workshops, or conferences for the purpose of enhancing your skills or attaining a required license.
Other benefits a company may offer
- Employee discounts
- On-site child care or child-care assistance
- Flexible work schedule
- Free or discounted parking and bus passes
- On-site gym facilities or membership to a local gym
- Free or discounted on-site meals
- Uniforms or a clothing allowance
- Smartphone, tablet, or laptop
- Telecommuting options
- Company vehicle
- Wellness programs