Week #8 October 12
Dates to Note:
Monday, October 12 Middle School Students Fall Trip to Camp TecumsehTuesday, October 13
- Lower Cook Day
- Lower Green Team Meeting 10:30-11:30 GFH meeting room
- Lower Team Meeting @ 3:50-4:30 - GFH meeting room
Wednesday, October 14
- Newsletter submissions due to Macy
- Gala Classroom Auction item descriptions due to Nikole
Thursday, October 15
- Lower Team meeting 2:15-3:00 outside of GFH
- Dina Emser Event 6:00-7:30 (please RSVP if you are coming!)
Friday, October 16 ALL FACULTY INSERVICE
Saturday, October 17 ALL FACULTY INSERVICE
Monday, October 19 FALL BREAK - NO SCHOOL
Tuesday, October 20 Upper Students to Merry Lea ALL DAY
Small Hands Orders Due FRIDAY, OCTOBER 16!
Partnering with our Cleaning Crew
Remember - How can we model that "We're all in this together?"
We have been working with our cleaning crew to address some areas where we hope to support clearer expectations and higher standards of cleanliness for our environments. We have presented a list of requests for increased attention to the crew, who have committed to trying to address our concerns. We also received some requests in return that will aide the cleaners in providing top notch service in an efficient manner.
- Please pick up small area rugs in your classroom and bang them outside for daily cleaning, leave them on top of tables/chairs instead of on the floor.
- Add small area rugs to your weekly laundering, especially bathroom rugs.
- Leave cubby areas neat and the floors clear of items. If items are left on floors, the cleaners will collect them in a box or basket.
- Try to pick up/sweep up pencils etc. from the floor at end of day. Cleaners will collect loose floor items into a box/basket as above.
- If using Play-Doh or other sticky material, please designate an area and place a plastic mat underneath - or have children remove stuck product from the floor.
Friday & Saturday Inservice Plans
WHERE: Middle School
WHEN: 8:00 - 4:00
WHAT TO BRING:
- Packed lunch for Friday
- Be prepared for a whole faculty picture Friday
- Notebook & pen/pencil to take notes
- Water bottle and/or coffee mug for your comfort
- Lunch will be provided Saturday - meat/cheese tray with sandwich fixings & chips
Acknowledgements from Megan
Hey - Did You Know How Amazing Your Colleagues Are?
Hey - did you know that our very own Jill Hoffelder prepares about 17,000 meals per school year for our hot lunch program. That's a LOT of pasta, pizza wraps and pots to wash!!!
Thank you, Jill, for all of your hard (and delicious) work. No one knows but you how MUCH you do - and we are so grateful.
Faculty Flu Shots
We are offering flu shots to faculty on Tuesday, Oct. 27th from 7:45 am to 8:45 am in the Victorian Farmhouse Conference Room.
If you would like a flu shot, please let Sarah Shanton-Cox know on or before Thursday,Oct. 22nd to ensure that we have enough supply. (We will not be offering the FluMist this year.)
Here's to a healthy and happy school year!
We are sorry to take this task away from your students. Thank you for your help with this.
Faculty Childcare for Conferences
Please email Macy by Wednesday, October 21 if you are needing childcare during conferences. If she does not hear from you by that time, there may not be a space available!
After School Clubs - for Fall
Club Forms will go home TOMORROW - Tuesday - for all Kindergarten, Lower & Upper students. (We will send the information to Middle School parents via email since the students are not on campus this week.) Please get these forms to Macy ASAP - either in her mailbox, or via scanning them directly to her from the fancy copiers.
The clubs offered are:
Primary: Soccer Shots
Upper & Middle School: Yearbook - with Macy
TUESDAYLower: Soccer Shots
Upper & Middle School: GLEE Club - with Tricia
Kindergarten & Lower: Pay it Forward Club - with Macy
Kindergarten & Lower: Chess Club- with a community member
Phones 101 - how to pick up another extension
- Push the button that has an X with a circle around it (two buttons above the #2)
- Push the number 4 button
- Enter the extension that is ringing (wise to keep a cheat sheet close by!)
- Answer with a professional voice - "This is Macy at Kelly's Desk how can I help you?"
- Easy as that!
If you need help with this, feel free to contact Macy for a hands-on lesson.