Region 17 Dyslexia
May 4, 2022
Importance of Website Compliance by June 1, 2022
- Just a reminder to examine all Dyslexia related materials that are posted on your district/ campus websites. Any materials that bifurcate your process for dyslexia must be removed/updated to reflect the single entry point under IDEA, ensuring compliance with federal Child Find requirements.
- There are links below to the two TEA parent documents in English and Spanish that must be on your local public facing website
- The Dyslexia Monitoring team will support this effort with a sweep of websites for compliance in the Fall 2022.
Current newsletters related to Dyslexia and Reading by Design, as well as other content areas can now be accessed on the ESC 17 website.
- Click on Components
- Select Teaching and Learning from the drop down menu
- Click on the Smore Newsletter tab
Dyslexia Handbook 2021 Update Training and Communication Requirement
The TAA letter sent March 31, 2022 informs schools of new requirements related to the Dyslexia Handbook, 2021 update, which went into effect on February 10, 2022.
- By June 1, 2022 LEAs must provide an assurance through the Legal Framework that they have placed a link to this TEA document in both English and Spanish on their local public facing website and have updated all websites, materials, static resources, and information available to parents and staff to reflect the Dyslexia Handbook 2021 Update
- All LEAs must provide an assurance through the Legal Framework that at least one staff member who is well placed to disseminate information has attended the agency-developed training titled Texas Dyslexia Academy 2 (TDA 2): The Dyslexia Handbook 2021 Update by August 31, 2022.
- By June 1st: Link the Dyslexia Handbook 2021 Update on the local public facing website along with these two documents for parents, in both English and Spanish
- By June 1st: Update all websites, materials, static resources and information available to parents and staff to reflect the Dyslexia Handbook 2021 Update.
- By August 31st: Ensure that one staff member from each district attends TDA-2, The Dyslexia Handbook
- The next TDA 2 will be offered June 2, 2022 from 9:00-12:00, at Region 17 ESC
- For those who cannot attend on June 2nd, virtual opportunities will be available through Region 10, May-August. Click on the dates below to access training through Region 10.
Dyslexia: A TEA Professional Learning Course
Good news! The TEA online dyslexia course has been updated and is available once again.
Access the course here: TEA Dyslexia
Dyslexia Summer PD
Registration links to our summer trainings. Many have been approved for ALTA credit. We have an exceptional line-up for you this summer! Check it out!!