Ms. Higgins' Classroom Newsletter
Message from Ms. Higgins
American Education Week is being honored on Tuesday, November 17th from 9:30-12:30.
Parents are invited into classrooms for 40 minute periods. Below is our schedule for the morning:
If you have any additional questions, please e-mail me.
Reminder that conferences are Friday, November 20th and Monday, November 23rd. If you still need to sign up for a slot, please e-mail me.
Disguise Tom the Turkey is due Monday, November 16th.
Have a great weekend!
Click the link to be directed to our class Twitter account! Don't have an account? Sign Up! Search for Ms. Higgins or @Mshiggskinder
This Week In Kindergarten...
As Readers, we read:
1. Star Books-Familiar Stories we read over and over again as a class. We look for characters in Star Books
2. Dessert Books-Books we love to look at :)
Letters Previously Taught:
Activities Completed in Class:
- Echo/Find Letters: Students need to find letters based on the letter sounds.
- Sky Write/Letter Formation: Students learn how to write the letters of the week
- Student Notebooks: Students practice writing the letters of the week with proper formation (remember letters fall from the sky just like rain :) )
- Word Sorts: Students complete picture/word sorts for the letters of the week.
- Word Play: Students learn about different structures of sentences. Now that we know some sentence tips we are working on putting them in the correct orders ourselves and self-checking!
Below is a video going through the FUNdation Letter Cards. Start practicing at home to learn the FUNdation lingo!