NEU Pence Elementary
October 24 - October 28
Red Ribbon Week - Spirit Days (Minimum Days)
Attention Pence Penguins
Let's all participate in red Ribbon Week to keep drugs away!
BE YOURSELF, BE AMAZING, BE DRUG FREE!
Due to Parent Conferences we will have the following minimum days:
MONDAY OCTOBER 24 - FRIDAY OCTOBER 28
*** Remember: Wednesdays are always Minimum Days ***
Important Dates to Remember
Report Cards will be sent home
October 31 - November 4
Superintendent's Listening Tour
Tuesday February 28
*Click on the document below for more information*
Pence Book Fair
Citizen's Bond Oversight Committe
The South Bay Union School District is seeking volunteers from the community to serve on its Citizens Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC). The CBOC reviews and oversees the use of Proposition X, Y, and Measure NN voter approved funds as required by Proposition 39 and Section 15278 of the Education Code.
The District seeks two representatives from the following groups:
- Tax Association Representative
- Community Member At-Large.
In order to maintain objectivity as part of the Committee's responsibilities, District employees, contractors, and vendors to the District are prohibited from serving as members of the Committee.
Click here for the application
Please see document below for more information
Military Families' Corner
Please see below for upcoming events and information pertaining to our Military Families:
South Bay Union School District
Oneonta/IB Charter/Emory, Lisa Poli – 619-403-0686
San Diego Upcoming Events: https://www.sandiego.org/explore/events.aspx
Naval Base San Diego: https://sandiego.navylifesw.com/
Please read below for the most recent events and informational flyers to download:
Next Teen Night: Friday, October 21, 4-8 pm
Silver Strand Youth Center, 1302 Leyte Road
Join the Silver Strand teen crew for fun, food and friendship! All teens, 13-18 years, are welcome to attend…and bring a friend (military or civilian)! The Silver Strand Teen Program provides an important opportunity for teens to mature socially and emotionally while focusing on character development, leadership, communication and self-esteem.
FEDERAL FINANCIAL AID VIRTUAL BOOTCAMP
Tuesday & Thursday, October 18 & 20
Join subject matter experts from Federal Student Aid (FSA) as they host free Federal Financial Aid Virtual Bootcamps. The sessions are geared toward students, parents, and college access professionals, and will provide an in-depth guide of the 2023–24 FAFSA® form with a live demonstration highlighting key sections and common mistakes, an overview of the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, and tools and resources to help navigate through the Federal financial aid process. This bootcamp also provides an opportunity for participants to ask questions.
FALL 2022 STUDENT SUCCESS WEBINARS
Join in a series of FREE webinars this fall hosted by Tutor.com! All webinars start at 12 pm.
· October 27 – Overcoming Test Anxiety
· November 3 – Critical Thinking and Research Skills
Can’t attend LIVE? Register and you’ll receive the final recorded webinar via email.
KIDS FREE SAN DIEGO IN OCTOBER
Play big and save big! All month long, children 12 and younger (with a paid adult admission) can enjoy free admission to dozens of museums and participating cultural institutions across the county. It includes the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park, Birch Aquarium, Fleet Science Center, and the Comic Con Museum featuring it's Spider-Man exhibit, and many more. Download and save coupons to attend at https://sandiegomuseumcouncil.org/specials/kidsfree/.
- Stop by the office OR
- Send an email to Karla Brown - firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Return the blue slip to the office or to your child's classroom teacher
- We would like to remind our Pence Families that parents and guardians are not allowed inside the campus due to the Covid restrictions.
- For the most updated COVID Information and Decision Tree, please visit the District's website.
Pence Elementary School
Office Hours are Monday - Friday from 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
Maria Preciado - email@example.com
- Administrative Secretary:
- Attendance Secretary:
Stay Connected with Pence Elementary
- Please visit our School's Website for all the most requested information including Schedules, Minimum Days, Student School Year Calendar, Upcoming Events and our Family Handbook.
- You can also contact us at Let's Talk on the District's Website, you will find the link on the left-hand side of the main page.
- If you would like a hard copy of our Family Handbook, please come by the Office from 12pm - 4pm to pick up one.