S.T.A.R.S. Smart, Thoughtful, and Responsible Students
September 3, 2021
A Message from Mrs. Plourde
As you know, our focus at Deibler has always been and always will be our students! I would like to thank all of our Deibler families for all of your support as we begin this new school year.
Our teachers and staff at Deibler have been hard at work to ensure that their students have the absolute best learning experience this school year. Kuddos to our staff for their dedication and love for all of our kiddos!
We are excited to continue to build a strong partnership and connection with the Pennridge Regional Police Department. The officers will be stopping by Deibler frequently to share recess and lunch time with our Deibler Dolphins!
Please know that you can always reach out to me should you have any questions or concerns.
Let's continue to work together as a school community to make sure that this school year is THE BEST YEAR YET!!!!!!
Please refer to the district communication that was sent to families on Thursday, September 2nd which will begin on Wednesday, September 8th.
Mark your Calendar
Monday, September 6th - School Closed
Tuesday, September 7th - School Closed
Friday, September 10th - First House Meeting (Wear your HOUSE Color)
Monday, September 13th - Spirit Day! Wear Red, White & Blue
Monday, September 13th (9:15am - 10:15am) - PTO Meeting
Tuesday, September 14th (6:15pm - 8:15pm) - Back to School Night (We will be running 3 sessions during that time)
Thursday, September 16th - School Closed
Friday, September 17th (5:30 - 7:30) - Back to School Picnic
Monday, September 27th - Fall Picture Day
*Our Deibler Spirit Wear Sale will run from September 10th - September 26th! More information to come!!!
~Each student is allowed 10 cumulative absences (absences not verified by a doctor's note) per school year. Beginning with the 11th absence, a doctor's note will be required for all additional absences.
Please do not send your child to school if they are sick.
If your child is going to be late for school or must leave early, please email our attendance line at: email@example.com.
Again this year we will be using Seesaw. Your child will use their PSD Key Quick Card or log-in information to get into PSD Key. Your child will click on Seesaw through PSD Key.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselors Corner - Sondi Alderfer, M.A., School Counselor
Welcome to the 2021-2022 school year! I am the School Counselor at Deibler Elementary and I’m looking forward to working with your child(ren).
If there is something going on in your child’s home life that may affect their school life, please let me or the teacher know as soon as possible – I can relay the information to appropriate parties on a “need to know” basis, and everything is kept confidential. It’s always best to be proactive! You can reach me at 215-257-1146 x541006 and/or email@example.com.
Look for the Counselor’s Corner, with helpful hints and information, in each Deibler Dispatch throughout the school year. Have a great September and enjoy the excitement of “back-to-school!”
- Make sure you know where your children are at all times. Know their friends and be clear with your children about the places and homes they may visit.
- Never leave a child unattended in a vehicle, whether it is running or not.
- Be involved in your children’s activities. As an active participant, you’ll have a better opportunity to observe how the adults in charge interact with your children.
- Listen to your children. Pay attention if they tell you that they don’t want to be with someone or go somewhere, as this may be an indication of more than a personality conflict or lack of interest in an activity.
- Talk to your children. Notice when someone shows one or all of them a great deal of attention or starts giving gifts, and find out why the person is acting this way.
- Teach your children that they have the right to say no to any unwelcome, uncomfortable, or confusing touch or actions by others. Teach them to tell you immediately if this happens, and assure them that you are there to help and it is okay to tell you anything.
- Be sensitive to any changes in your children’s behavior or attitude.
- Be sure to screen babysitters and caregivers.
- Practice basic safety skills with your children.
Please make sure that the school has a copy of any court documents regarding child custody and related matters. We must assume that both parents have equal access to their children, and by law we must release students to either parent unless we have court papers that state otherwise. If there are documents of which we need to be made aware, please let us know as soon as possible by giving us a copy that we can keep on file. Thank you!
House Steering Committee
At Deibler we will have a House Steering Committee that is made up of parents and faculty. The purpose of this committee is to work together to come up with a monthly House theme, House activity (which will be displayed on a bulletin board at Deibler) and the House meeting agendas. Our Theme for September is:
"Everyone is Welcome"
Our theme for October will be: "Acceptance".
The meeting will be via ZOOM on Monday, September 13th at 7:00 PM! Please feel free to join us by clicking on the link below!
Join Zoom Meeting
Hi Deibler Families!
If you are interested in joining or leading a committee, please sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4aa9af2aa3fbc52-deibler2. If a position interests you, but you want to know more details before signing up, please contact our PTO President at TrishKantorPTO@gmail.com. The PTO Board will also have a table set up during Back to School night for more information.
Mark your calendars... click here to view all the FUN PTO events that are already planned for the 2021-2022 school year!
Please visit the PTO website at: