Liberator Digest 2.5.16
The bi-monthly newsletter for employees of Bolivar Schools.
Pop Concert tonight at BHS
Tonight the BHS choir department will be presenting our annual Pop Concert! The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. in the BHS auditorium. This performance is our fundraiser event for the year; admission is $5 for ages 5 and over. (4 and under is free.)
Student soloists and small groups will be performing lots of popular hit songs from the '60's through today. All four BHS choirs will be performing songs you may know by bands/artists Fleetwood Mac, Coldplay, Dobie Gray, Eddie Rabbitt, Ed Sheran, and Colbie Caillat. We also have some teachers performing and some BHS alumni coming back! It's going to be a very fun show.
Dr. Tennison recognized for study on Cognitive Coaching
Dr. Tennison's dissertation focused on Cognitive Coaching in the elementary school setting. A write up of her study will be included in the 2016 edition of "Cognitive Coaching: A Synthesis of Research" as well as future editions.
In December, the BPS Assistant Principal successfully defended her dissertation to earn her Doctorate in Education in Educational Leadership from SBU.
CTA News and Notes
Here are a few quick reminders from CTA:
- Bolivar CTA Scholarship - The $500.00 scholarship is designed to help BHS graduates with the rising cost of student-teaching expenses and fees. The application must be made in the semester in which the individual is student-teaching. Application Deadline Feb. 15 - contact Renee Shelenhamer at BPS if you have any questions
- Save the Date - Thursday, March 24 - CTA will host a Board Forum on March 24. The Board Forum will be held in the Board Room and all seven candidates for Bolivar School Board will be invited to attend. If you would be willing to help that evening, please contact Renee Shelenhamer.
- Mini-Grant Winner - Bolivar CTA February Mini-Grant winner is Sherry Roberts. The $100 will be used to help cover the cost of Space Camp for students in the TAG program. It is not too late for you to submit your own mini-grant application. For more information on the CTA Mini-Grants or to submit an application, please visit: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T0JA2ro_iJN1RpAim9t3zTrjYl7ytvjZBRNthXD74Os/edit?usp=sharing
BIS students reach 100 miles
BPS participates in Global Day of Play
Congratulations BMS Liberators
Happy Valentine's Day from Little Liberator
PD day is Friday, Feb. 12
The fifth annual Bolivar PD Day is next week!
The Professional Development Com. has created a website with all of the details and information you need to successfully enjoy our day of learning together. You can link to the site here: Linc-oln Our Learning
Few details to be clear on . . .
- No Eventbrite advanced sign up this year
- Choose tickets the morning of- so be early for first choice
- Split day, traditional morning with EdCamp afternoon
Looking forward to sharing a great day of learning with everyone on Friday, Feb. 12.
BPS students help set world record
Challenge coordinators collected 181,946 handprints from 594 schools, and on May 1, 2015 a team of energetic volunteers installed 104,108 handprints on the walls of the Dignity Health Glendale Memorial Hospital. More than 6,000 square feet of wall space was blanketed with love which brightened the spirits of both the hospital patients and their families - including handprints from BPS students.
"If you look at the pics, you'll see a truck full of boxes-ours is the big white paper box," BPS event coordinator and counselor Sandy Simpson said. "Kids REALLY liked seeing our box. Our students are very proud!"
A little bit of rocket science
BHS team raises $700 for Special Olympics
HR Bits and Tips
Employee Navigator: Not Just for Enrollment
What is Employee Navigator? Remember back in the spring when you had to log on to a website to enroll in your benefits? You logged in to Employee Navigator. Here you can do more than just enroll in benefits and you can log in at any time of the year!
Go to: www.capstoneins.com > Click on School District Employee > Under Employee Benefits Portal, click on Log In. Use your school email as your username. If you forgot your password, click “Reset a Forgotten Password”.
Once you log in, you can:
- Update personal and contact information
- Add/Delete dependents
- View current benefit enrollments:
- View all other options and benefits you are not enrolled in so you can make considerations for future enrollments
- Request coverage changes (for qualifying events only)
- Obtain claim forms, portability forms, applications and change forms, etc.
- View webinars, mandatory notices, informational resources, OSBA meeting minutes, policy documents, brochures, and more!
Employee Navigator can be a convenient tool and resource for you to easily find important benefits information!
Krystal Allen ext. 2151, email@example.com
Kelly Holt ext. 2111, firstname.lastname@example.org