February 26, 2017
I hope you had a wonderful weekend. It certainly does not feel like a typical February, but, hey, I will take it!
I look forward to a great week of school. I have no doubt that it will be another fantastic week full of learning.
Thank you for all that you do to make our school a great place to grow and learn.
- Congratulations to James Dohrman on being a National Merit Finalist!
- Congratulations to sophomore Stephanie Monson on earning a 36 on the ACT!
- Congratulations to HOSA on raising over $5000 for Special Olympics. They raised more than any other participants in the Polar Bear Plunge.
- Congratulations to KOE on a great Knights of the Roundtable Ceremony!
Knights @ 90: FHN currently has 88.17% of students attending 90% of the time.
Homeroom Absences- There have been a large number of students being marked absent during Homeroom on ERWs. If you have students with you that are not assigned in your Homeroom, please make sure that they have checked in and their HR teacher is aware they are not absent. Thank you!
Behavior Leadership Team will meet in Room 4/5 on 3/1 at 6:45 am
The technology committee is finalizing plans for an upcoming Lunch and Learn on Google Team Drives. More information will be coming soon.
STAFF COMMITMENTS--TO BE REVISED
2016-2017 Staff Commitments to the Learning Environment
In order to improve the climate/environment at FHN, the staff commits to:
- building positive relationships with students and staff members.
- listening to the concerns of others and by helping to problem solve those issues.
- helping students to see the relationship between effort and success.
- being open-minded to new ideas.
- addressing any inappropriate behavior immediately to help set an expectation of appropriate hallway and classroom behavior.
- giving clear and consistent expectations for device use and by enforcing them.
- counting tardies consistently.
FHN will be hosting the Awaken Project Assembly on Friday, March 10th. The assembly will focus on drug awareness. Joe Richardson and Jeff Mozingo have teamed up and travel nationally to tell their story. Joe lost his son, BJ to heroin. BJ was a student at Howell North. Jeff uses his music skills to the presentation. You can learn more about the Awaken Project by visiting http://www.awakenproject.org/
Here is the schedule that we will be utilizing for that day. I wanted to get it out to you so that you could plan accordingly. It was created by one of our staff members, and we got feedback through DCs and PLOT. The goal was to have each student have the opportunity to touch base with his or her teacher on this day.
March 10, 2017
1st hour: 7:20-7:40
2nd hour: 7:45-8:05
3rd hour: 8:10-8:30
4th-7th: Regular Schedule
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Monday, Feb. 27th, 6:30am-3:30pm
2549 Hackmann Road
Saint Charles, MO
TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE MEETING
Wednesday, March 8th, 2:30-3:30pm
MAIN OFFICE CONFERENCE ROOM
Shout out to KOE for a wonderful Knights of the Round Table event!
Shout out to Marissa Cohen for a well-attended and entertaining Prom Fashion Show