Fredericktown High School Update
January 5, 2024
Welcome back after break! It's great to be back in the swing of things and to see the kids again. We are excited to continue working to enhance Fredericktown High School’s culture, academics, and overall excellence in the new year.
- School Board Meeting at 5:00 PM in the Board of Education Room
- Discovery Night (scheduling information) in the FHS commons from 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- Financial Aid (FAFSA) Night
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day -- No Classes
You don't want to miss these AMAZING local scholarships for any students attending 2 or 4 year colleges and there are some scholarships for Career and Technical Education!!
January 5th- Application goes live
March 1st- Application Deadline
March 5th- The Foundation to send final list of students who applied to counselors
March 20th- Recommended Scholarship List/Letters due to Lisa
April 30th- Finalized Scholarship Award List to Counselors
May 1st- Scholarship letters to all College Students
May 1-31st- Scholarship Award Ceremonies
June 15th- Deadline for Students to fill out their verification information on AwardSpring
If your student is wanting to take College Credit Plus (CCP) courses next year, please check out the following:
CCP Letter of Intent is required for ALL students wishing to take CCP classes next school year. The Letter of Intent is located outside of Mrs. Barta’s office. The form is due by April 1, 2024.
Getting Ready for the Future
Check this website for occupations, careers and more! https://www.onetonline.org/
Check this website for career, college and scholarship information https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/
The FAFSA is not out yet but is expected to be released sometime in December/January. In the meantime, it is essential to request your Federal Student Aid ID and you can do that now. You must have the FSA ID before you begin the FAFSA. Please go to studentaid.gov to get your FSA ID. There are 6 steps you can complete now! https://highered.ohio.gov/static/fafsa/FAFSA_flyer_nov2023.pdf
New Honors Diploma criteria for the class of 2026 and beyond. Click here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14ECFxYKTsGdSHlimmOA0FVOhWz0HVIWyC44ji1muuOY/edit?usp=sharing
Please look over the following information:
- Junior Achievement Scholarship Program- The Junior Achievement of North Central Ohio Scholarship Applications are now open! There are financial award opportunities for graduating seniors going into the workforce, into trade schools, and continuing their education in 2-year and 4-year institutions of higher learning. Applications must be submitted by Thursday, February 15, 2024 at 4:00 pm EST. Use this link to apply: https://jaofnco.ja.org/local-repository/local-scholarship-opportunities
- Ohio Gas Association Scholarship- This scholarship is for high school seniors pursuing a career in the natural gas or related energy field. Applicants must be an Ohio resident and planning to attend an accredited Ohio college, university, technical or trade school. The student must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Applications are available in the guidance office. Deadline to apply is March 29, 2022.
- Is your parent/legal guardian a member of the Ohio Association of Public Employees, AFSCME Local 4, AFL-CIO (OAPSE?AFSCME)? Then you may be eligible for a scholarship. Please see Mrs. Barta for more information.
- Check out this Turn Up Youth Activism Internship Program
Freddie Care Closet
The goal is to provide students with food, clothing or personal items while keeping it anonymous.
How it works:
- Students scan the QR code and an email is sent to one of the Counselors.
- The student will be called down to meet with the Counselor to discuss their needs.
- If the student is comfortable, the Counselor and student can walk together to the Care Closet or the student can share what they need and the Counselor will get it for them.
Celebrating our Freddie Hunters!
Follow the instructions below to share a photo of your deer hunting success story or view our students' and staff's successful hunts this season.
Use the QR code above or click on the link below to view the digital wall displaying our students' & staff's hunting success stories.
Supporting our Freddies
Our priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of our students. We encourage everyone to actively participate in creating a nurturing environment that promotes open communication, empathy, and understanding. If you know a student who may need support, or if you have any concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to our social workers or school counselors. Working together, we can make a profound difference in the lives of our students.
Hannah Art, Social Worker
740-694-2781 ext. 3412
Cindy Truex, Social Worker
740-694-2781 ext. 3412
Karen Barta, HS/MS School Counselor
740-694-2726 ext 3411
Melissa White, Elementary School Counselor
740-694-2781 ext. 3410