News for the HRRS/Juan Diego Academy Community
Principal's Message - Feb. 3rd
Thank you so much to the families who have already re-enrolled for next year online. We had a wonderful Open House on Sunday and many new families are already on the list to join our community, once open enrollment begins on Feb. 29th. Please remember that your spot is not "locked in" for next year until we receive your complete registration materials (100% complete) and your registration fee. We will be holding tuition contract meetings (for those who are in need of financial assistance for the 2016-17 school year) on Feb. 25 and 26. Please contact the office as soon as possible to get a meeting scheduled, so that we can help you finalize everything for next year. We are excited to see all our wonderful kiddos return next fall. It is also incredible to think about the fact that we will likely have a waiting list for at least 3 of the grades for next fall! Holy Rosary...onward and upward! Thanks for your support of Catholic education!
Have a wonderful week!
Important Reminders for this Week!!
- Thurs - All School Mass at 9 am, followed by Grandparents Day celebration in the Auditorium.
- Conferences - Feb. 12th (No School for Students)
- No School for President's Day - Feb. 15 & 16
- Registration Deadline for Current Families
- Crab Feed Auction Items due to Sarah by February 12th!! Smckinney@hrrsjda.org
Registration Deadline for Current Families: Feb. 26
Registration Fees/Timeline for 2016 - 17!!
Feb. 1 - 26: Registration for Current Families
Feb. 29: Registration Opens for All
Registration Fees* for 2016 - 17:
- $125 (1 Student), $250 (2+ Students) before March 25
- $150 (1 Student), $300 (2+ Students) after March 25
- *Reminder: Your spot is not "locked in", until all registration fees are paid and the registration packet is completed.
K - 8 Tuition Fees for 2016 - 17:
- 1 Student = $5650 ($20/month increase on the 10 month plan)
- 2 Students = $9920 ($30/month increase on the 10 month plan)
- 3+ Students = $12700 ($40/month increase on the 10 month plan)
P.K. Tuition Fees for 2016 - 17:
$6500 per Student* (*Existing families who have a child going from P.K. 3 to P.K. 4 can receive the K - 8 Tuition Amounts)
Reminder: All families who refer a newly enrolled family will receive a free month of tuition.
**Fulcrum should be notifying people of the Fulcrum Tuition Assistance awards by late February.
- 1-23 Infantry Tomahawks Volunteers for their Service to our School on Saturday, January 30th!
- Anderson, Cami, David, Jose, Sheariah, Kenzi, Leon, and all of the students who came to support us at Mass for Catholic Schools Week.
- Amanda, Ralph, Colleen, Claudia, Florian, and all parents who helped at the Open House on Sunday afternoon!
- The teachers and staff who represented our school so well at the Open House!
- All who are suffering from cancer and other illnesses.
- Mrs. Holguin and the East family, for the loss of Aunt Teresa.
- Catholic Schools across the country...staff, students, and families!
Calling for a photographer!
On Saturday, March 12th we will be hosting our annual crab feed/auction. Lisa Hepfer, our "go to" parent photographer will be unavailable. Would you be willing to come to the event to capture all the fun? It would be great to get photos of the guests, games, auction items and more. The event is scheduled from 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm. All hours will count towards your required volunteer hours for the year. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping.
Auction procurement deadline is almost here.
The deadline to turn in your $100 family auction item is quickly approaching. Deadline is Friday, February 12th. If you have not turned in an item or paid the $100 fee directly to the office, the fee will increase to $150 after this date. Getting in your items on time helps the auction committee get all of the items organized and put together prior to the event.
Get your auction tickets now!
Please join us for this wonderful fundraising event for our school. Tickets for the March 12th event are $60.00 per person, which includes all you can eat crab, prime rib, beer, and wine. The event features a great variety of auction items and an opportunity to meet and interact with other Holy Rosary families, alumni, and school supporters. This is the second largest fundraiser for our school, so we would love to see you there. Tickets are on sale now for the event. Click on the "Buy Crab Feed Tickets" link on the front of our school's webpage (hrrsjda.org) or click on this link: https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/_vfVaZ24U9ZeEOXiJ8ZH3A.
Volunteers needed for the Crab Feed/Auction.
We are in need of a large amount of volunteers to make this event a success. We are looking for help with set-up, decorations, silent auction tables, food service and check-in/check-out. Please see the comprehensive handout that will go out in this week's envelope to see the many areas where you can assist. This is a great event to get the bulk of your volunteer hours complete for the year. The required family volunteer hours are 30 for two-parents and 15 for single family households.
Catholic Schools Week - Spirit Days!!
Monday, Feb. 1st, 8am to Friday, Feb. 5th, 3pm
504 South 30th Street
Tuesday - Sports Day
Wednesday - Flip Flop Day (Dress like your teacher!!)
Thursday - Grandparent/Special Person Day (Special event after Mass)
Friday - Color Wars (Each class has been assigned a color to wear for this)