October 2-5 EQT Testing
October 5 End of 1st Quarter
October 8-10 NO SCHOOL
October 12 Fall Pictures (In Uniform)
October 15 Family Day - Report Card Pick-Up
Parenting Day - October 15
Fluency is how quickly you can complete a task accurately.
Many times our students struggle with math problems because of the time that it takes to remember math facts needed to solve a problem. Math fact fluency is so important! Students need daily practice in addition and subtraction in the lower grades and multiplication and division in the upper grades. Online games and flash cards are very helpful in building fluency.
Math Facts in a Flash is a computer program that you can access from home. More information on the program can be found below.
For reading, students need uninterrupted periods of time to read! Make time for your child to read. Read with your child. Let your child read to you.
Working on reading and math fact fluency is something that you can do with your child every day!
Below you will find links to computer programs that we use at school that are also available for students to use at home. Additional practice using these programs will help your students to grow!
Click on the brown bars to be directed to the programs.
Counselor News - Mrs. Haley
Greetings, George Hall family!
We have successfully completed first quarter!
Time flies when you’re having fun. Students showed great progress practicing positive communication throughout September.
Our character focus for the month of October is Conflict Resolution. During the month, students will also be participating in National Bully Prevention and Red Ribbon week. Students will receive classroom counseling focusing on peer pressure readiness, kindness and being an upstander.
Upcoming dates to note:
· October 11th United Way Donators Jean & T-Shirt day (students must have a coupon to participate)
· October 15-19th MCPSS Be Kind. Be Cool. Bully Prevention Week
· October 19th 3-5th grade Mobile County Coalition Against Bullying 2018 Art Contest deadline (Students should see counselor for participation form)
· October 21-26 National Red Ribbon Drug Awareness Week
Congratulations to our Students of the Month!
These students exhibited thoughtfulness and positive communication throughout September. We are so proud of their character and effort.
Small groups have begun with students needing additional academic or social-emotional support. If you would like your student to be considered for small group or individual counselor check-ins, please don’t hesitate to contact me:
Phone: 251-221-1345. Email: email@example.com
- white crew socks only
- tennis shoes only
- outerwear must be red or navy ONLY.
- all non-uniform outerwear must be removed before entering the building
· Students should NOT be on campus before 7:30am!
· Teachers are not on duty until 7:30am.
· Students who come on campus before 7:30am are unattended. This is a safety concern!
· Please do not allow your child to exit your car until the morning carpool staff is on duty at 7:30.