Positive Thinking of Mark Wahlberg
By: Brooke Cushman
- Mark was born on June 5th 1971 in Dorchester, Massachusetts.
- Youngest of nine.
- Middle to lower class family.
- Parents divorced at 11.
- Dropped out of high school at 14.
- Began selling drugs.
- Spent 45 days in jail at age 16 for attempted murder.
How did he chase his dreams?
- Stopped selling drugs and cut ties with all his friends who were bad influences.
- Turned to music.
- Started a rap group and got payed from gigs.
- Starting going to acting auditions.
What He Achieved
- Created a rap group called Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch.
- Modeled for Calvin Klein.
- Became an actor for movies such as Ted, Lone Survivor, and The Fighter.
- He has also won countless awards and has been nominated for even more.
How did his view change?
- After going to jail, Mark realized he did not want to be a failure in life and used his rough childhood as motivation to succeed.