St. Louis Catholic High School
Thursday, April 2, 2020
Halo Highlight: Saints March On
As we continue to navigate each day of the coronavirus pandemic, thank you for your commitment to remote learning at St. Louis Catholic. We know we will be closed through April 30, so we can tell you that spring break will be observed (lessons will be due tonight at 11:59pm, next Thursday, April 9 at 11:59pm, then the next round of remote assignments will not be sent until Monday, April 20, and students will have until the following Sunday night to complete them).
Please know we are listening to you and your students' feedback and adapting to meet our Saints' needs. We care about their education so much and are continuing to shape them for the future. If you have any questions or concerns, never hesitate to reach out.
- Principal: Mia Orgeron - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Questions: Ray Baggett - email@example.com
- Admissions/Enrollment: Heather Ieyoub - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Counseling/Course Requests for 2020-21: Susan Holmes - email@example.com
- Technology: Melanie LeJeune - firstname.lastname@example.org (Need to purchase a new stylus? Contact Teresa Ernst at email@example.com).
We continue to draw your attention to the Remote Learning Hub on our website that contains teachers' virtual office hours, student & parent tips, Ms. Orgeron's weekly updates, and more.
- Teachers' Virtual Office Hours: Teachers are now available for office hours through Google Meet! The Master List is in both the Student & Parent sections of the Remote Learning Hub at https://www.slchs.org/coronavirus/.
- Students, Stay Connected with Padlet! In this time of Social Distancing, share photos of your #QuarantineLife with your classmates & teachers in a safe, secure space:
- The State Library is pleased to share that Tutor.com [HomeworkLA] has expanded their live tutoring hours for HomeworkLouisiana to provide additional support for students in our communities impacted by COVID-19. The additional resources page is http://lalibcon.state.lib.la.us/schools.php.
The new Louisiana one-to-one live tutoring hours are Monday–Friday 8:00 a.m. to midnight. Saturday and Sunday live tutoring hours will continue 2 p.m. to midnight as usual. These expanded hours will continue until May 31, 2020.
Basketball Racks Up Postseason Honors
Katherine Jester Wins National NHS Scholarship
Students Publish COVID-19 Edition of Trumpet
Flashback: Band Students Participate in McNeese Honor Band Weekend
Saints Band students Patrick Cameron (percussion) and Paul Boitnott (trumpet) participated in the McNeese Honor Band Weekend Feb. 27-29. They performed a concert consisting of three pieces they learned in three days including ¡Viva! by Jack Wilds, which is their favorite!
Boitnott has earned a scholarship to college at McNeese and will be part of The Pride of McNeese, the university's marching band.
Social Distancing in Action
Gambrelle Ieyoub & Jaide Navarre's social distancing breakfast car picnic.
Staying connected, and staying safe!
Sophia Tassin models her graduation cap & gown on a family trip to Holly Beach this week!