South Row's Home Link
Week of: September 19th, 2022
Message from Mrs. Gilbert & Mr. Ramalho
Thank you to those who hosted and attended our PTO meeting this week. The workshop-style event was met with enthusiasm and families actively inquired about volunteering for the many events held at South Row.
Start with Hello week begins on September 19th. This is a national initiative and a call-to-action week dedicated to making new social connections and creating a sense of belonging among youth. Please click here to learn more about this week.
Our first early release day of the year for students will be on Wednesday, September 21st. Our staff will be engaged in professional development in the afternoon. Please see more information below under the week at a glance so you are prepared.
Curriculum Night will be the evening of Wednesday, September 21st. Please carefully review the calendar below to see time lots for grade levels, specialists, and providers. As a reminder, curriculum night is designed to learn about the curriculum. Parent conferences will occur later in the year where you can learn more about your child's progress. We look forward to seeing you then!
Terri and Jayson
Week at a Glance
MONDAY - 9/19
- No events
- No events
WEDNESDAY - 9/21
- Early Release Day for STUDENTS - Staff Professional Development
Reminders for Early Release Days:
- Students are dismissed at 11:45am
- Car dismissals should adhere to the following times
- Last names A-G- 11:40-11:45am
- Last names H-N- 11:45-11:50am
- Last names O-Z- 11:50-11:55am
- Please communicate any changes to your child's dismissal plans to their respective teacher, Mrs. O'Neill (email@example.com) and Mrs. Sepe (firstname.lastname@example.org). Be sure to also discuss with your child.
- NO Lunch is served
- Students will either have specials or recess (rotates every half day).
- Snack time may be adjusted and/or not occur depending on your child(ren)'s schedule.
- Extended Day will be open until 6:00pm for students signed up on WEDNESDAY. Please provide your child a lunch.
- Please anticipate possible delays with buses as they navigate an early release schedule
- CORI Check Opportunity - Main office from 4:30 to 5:00pm. We welcome family participation and volunteers and thought this would be a convenient time for many families to get this important task done.
- Curriculum Night
5 – 5:25 pm: Principal/Assistant Principal Presentation- Cafeteria (3 and 4 families)
5:30 – 6:15pm: Grades 3 & 4 Teacher Presentations
6:15 – 7:00pm: Support Staff / Specialists available in classrooms/offices
7 – 7:25pm: Principal/ Assistant Principal Presentation- Cafeteria (K,1,2 families - same as first presentation)
7:30 – 8:15pm: Grades K, 1 & 2 Teacher Presentations
- Walk to School Day
FRIDAY - 9/23
- No events
Tuesday, September 27th
- Ice Cream Social, Time: 4:30-7:00pm
Friday, September 30th
- Chelmsford/South Row Spirit Day
Save the date:
- Pumpkin Fair: October 15th
FINAL REMINDER - Pictures Opt Out - Classroom/Building Based/Social Media: If you would like to opt out of having your child's picture shared via our family newsletter, classroom communication or on South Row social media please contact BY MONDAY, OCTOBER 19th, 2022 Mrs. Gilbert, Mr. Ramalho or Ms. O'Neill. Please specify what you are opting out of with regards to picture sharing.
Picture Day Flyers: Flyers for picture day have been sent home. Please use the code on the flyer to order online. There will be no paper option and students will NOT have the option to pay by check or cash. If this presents a problem for you please contact Debbie or Kim in the main office.
- ALL orders will be mailed home at NO cost to families
- ALL proofs for those students who did not pre-order before picture day will be emailed to the parent email address and parent will then have an online ordering opportunity
Parent Contact Information: Teachers will have a paper with your contact information on Curriculum Night. Please make it a point to double-check to make sure that the contact information we have is correct. If you are unable to make curriculum night, this information will be sent home. It is critical that you review it, provide any updates, and sign the documentation.
Translation Resources: Looking for a way to be in touch with your child’s teacher in a more relaxed fashion and/or the option to use your home language without having to translate it to English? Clever Portal messages could be a great option for you and your family! Using the messages tool through the Clever Parents app provides all parents the opportunity to be reached instantly, similarly to social media messaging on Facebook, Instagram, etc. What makes this app so special is that it can automatically translate your messages back and forth to the teacher with the option of 75+ languages!
Interested in using Clever Parents messaging? Reach out to your child’s classroom teacher and they will send out an invitation for you to join. Click this link to learn more about how to set up your account: How to Set Up Clever Parent Messages
Library Volunteers: Our wonderful librarian Mrs. Hamm is looking for volunteers during library times. Would you like to assist in the library during your child’s class? If so, contact Mrs. Hamm at email@example.com. We appreciate the help. As a reminder, you will need to have a current CORI on file.
4th Grade Student Council: More information on the optional 4th-grade student council club will be shared in October. There will be an application process and a video shared with students to learn more about the program.
Water bottles: Please send your student to school with a water bottle, especially in this heat! We have a few water bottle filling stations that students can use throughout the day.
About Walk to School Day...
A HUGE thank you to everyone that came to our PTO Open House last Monday, both returning faces and new ones.
ICE CREAM SOCIAL: Tuesday Sep 27th from 4:30-7pm on the playground. The whole family is invited to enjoy some fun and ice cream will be available for purchase from TWO trucks (cash and card). We will have some FREE activities and toppings bar! We hope you will consider donating some toppings using the link below. A volunteer sign-up for the event itself will be out next week. See you there!
- Hannaford's Bloomin' 4 Good fundraiser all month Bloomin' 4 Good Resource Center - Hannaford Helps Reusable Bag Program (bags4mycause.com)
- Get Your CORI done on Curriculum Night ahead of time so you can volunteer in our school (or any Chelmsford Public School).
- We'll regularly post on our website www.SouthRowPTO.com and social media pages so please bookmark and follow us.
SOUTH ROW'S PHOTOS OF THE WEEK
High Five Friday with the Chelmsford Fire Department
PRIDE Shout Outs!
International Dot Day!
Care Solace - Are you in need of support?
Contact the South Row Administrative Team!
Mr. Jayson Ramalho, M.Ed.
Contact the Main Office Staff
- Mrs. Terri Gilbert, Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-251-5177 ext. 4
- Mr. Jayson Ramalho, Assistant Principal: email@example.com, 978-251-5177 ext. 3
- Mrs. Shannon Vandevoordt, School Nurse: firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-251-5177, ext.2
- Mrs. Debbie O'Neill, Secretary: email@example.com, 978-251-5177, ext. 0
- Mrs. Kim Sepe, School Clerk: firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-251-5177, ext.0
- Absentee Line: 978-251-5177 ext. 1