CRI - Canyon Ridge Parent News!
BE INSPIRED! BE the Change We Want in the World! 11.7.22
11/7, Monday -
- EVENING VETERANS CONCERT - 6:00pm - Our 6th-grade choir performs @ PAC as several choirs from across the district join MHS vocal students - coming together in a wonderful performance to honor veterans! It's amazing! Invite your veterans! We hope your entire family will join us!
11/08, Tuesday -
- Orange Leaf during recess $5
11/09, Wednesday -
- 6th gr. Ridge Runners Club 3:05 - 4:00pm
- Let's SUPPORT our TALENTED art teacher BRE GEORGE by viewing her art @ the MERC (Mustang Education Resource Center) - It is come & go between 4:30 - 7pm and will feature artwork created by art teachers from across the district!
11/11, Friday - VETERANS DAY!
- CRI Veterans Assembly 1pm - 2pm
- Cookie reception following for students & their veterans
- We hope you will invite your veterans & your entire family will join us in our CRI gym @ 1pm! Please enjoy a short reception following. We are thankful to have the opportunity to honor our veterans and families.
NOVEMBER 7 - EVENING VETERANS ASSEMBLY @ PAC (New Performing Arts Center!); time 6:00pm; all veterans and their families are invited!
NOVEMBER 8 - ORANGE LEAF DAY - $5 during recess
NOVEMBER 11 - VETERANS ASSEMBLY @ CRI @ 1pm in gym (Optional - You may check your child out following)
NOVEMBER 17 - BAND CONCERT @ CRI - @ 7pm (Woodwinds & flute in GYM; Brass on stage in CAFETERIA; Percussion in BAND ROOM)
NOVEMBER 21 - 25th - THANKSGIVING BREAK ALL WEEK
Glimpse of the Ridge:
THANK YOU to our TOP FUNDRAISING SELLERS!
- THANK YOU, students & families!
- Your efforts raised almost $5,000 in profit for CRI students and classroom technology & activities!
- We announced the winners on the intercom & they received gift cards for their hard work & support of our school. Thank you!
Special thanks also goes to MRS. COURTNEY WEAVER, 6th gr. MATH teacher, who was a TOP SELLER, TOO!
CRI Kids, Families, & Events!
Red Ribbon Spirit Days Such a Success!
The JOY of Simple Pleasures, Friendships & Fun!
Teachers & Kids Enjoyed Each Other & the Fun-filled Costume Dance & Open Gym Night!
WOW! Thank you to all of our PARENTS & VOLUNTEERS!
- You made a huge difference & the evening such fun for our kids! THANK YOU!
Thank you to all parents for your PATIENCE WITH TRAFFIC!
Costumes & the Open Gym were a Hit!
Thank you, Parents, for your exhausting efforts @ Concession!
You were rock stars!
The Dance was such FUN, & the kids were wonderful!
4-Square! Tetherball! Gotcha!
...Fun with Friends & MAKING NEW FRIENDS!
Bus Drivers' Appreciation Breakfast!
Students represented our school & thanked our Bus Drivers spectacularly! Their thoughtfulness was wonderful. It meant so much to our drivers!
Students Welcomed Drivers & Showed Gratitude!
HUGE THANK YOU to BRAUMS for help!
Mrs. Potato Head visited Braums during the DANCE because CRI needed some additional change for our concession stand, and BRAUMS supported us WONDERFULLY, ...saving the day!
BRONCO PRIDE NIGHT!
CRI students formed the tunnel to high-five MHS football players & cheer them to success!
Rain didn't slow down our kids or our BRONCOS!
CRI joined other intermediates to show our BRONCO spirit!
HUGE THANK YOU to BRAUMS for help!
BRONCO PRIDE NIGHT!
MHS Football players visited CRI!
It's called W.I.N. TIME! "WHAT I NEED!"
NEW FLEX TIME to HELP YOUR CHILD!
We are so excited! Last Monday, we kicked off a NEW bell schedule that incorporates an additional 30 minutes class period (W.I.N. Time) in your child's day to help them with the following:
- Finish any homework they may have OR any assignment they did not finish in class!
- Work in a small group or 1 on 1 with a teacher if they need help
- Hear the lesson again if they are struggling with a concept
- Catch up if they have been absent
- Study & then redo an assignment or quiz to increase their learning and raise their grade
- Read a library book, work on Lexia, Prodigy Math, or Typing Club to build skills, fill academic gaps, increase vocabulary, & cont. academic growth if they are caught up
NOTES: We will make adjustments to improve WIN Time throughout the year! We are thankful to our teachers for their dedication in developing this initiative to try to help every child get the additional time, instruction, and what they need! We are so excited about the possibilities for your child & welcome your ideas & suggestions, too!
HOW CAN YOU HELP YOUR CHILD gain CONFIDENCE & SUCCESS?
POWERFUL WAYS TO HELP YOUR CHILD MAKE HUGE GAINS:
- MULTIPLICATION FACTS - PRACTICE while you are driving in the car OFTEN - even if you feel your child knows them! It keeps the facts fresh in their mind & makes fractions and learning higher math concepts much easier!
- PRACTICE TYPING - http://www.typingclub.com Class assignments are often typed. Plus, all state tests are taken online. Helping to ensure your child is comfortable with typing will greatly reduce his/her stress and help them SHOW WHAT THEY KNOW!
- READ with your child OR reward them for READING 2 nights a week! - Reading broadens their vocabulary SO much more than we often realize!
- LEXIA PRACTICE online 2 nights a week! - Lexia is an online reading program that fills gaps and teaches phonics, grammar, comprehension, and a multitude of skills that improve your child's reading & success in all subjects!
You'll be amazed at the growth your child can make!
UPCOMING BIRTHDAY? MAKE YOUR CHILD FAMOUS!
- Wish your child Happy Birthday by posting their name on the large electronic Marquee in front of CRI!
- Cost $20
- Pay in CRI front office
- Your child's name runs for approximately 2 weeks!
FREE - We wish all students HAPPY BIRTHDAY on our morning TV announcements & call them to the front office for a small birthday surprise.
REMINDER: Your Child's LUNCH is NOT free ...
Everyone should Fill out this Application to help our school, plus, you may qualify:
For the past 2 years, during the Pandemic, the Federal Government provided FREE lunches to every child. HOWEVER, THIS YEAR, LUNCHES ARE NOT PROVIDED FREE.
SCHOOL DAY - 1st bell @ 8:00am
- 7:35 am - Everyone should time arrival after 7:35 am
- 7:35 am - Car-rider gate opens
- 8:00 am - 1st bell
- IF NEED EARLY CHECK-OUT - Always by 2:45pm. We do not check out children between 2:45 - 3:05 pm to avoid confusion for students, end-of-day classroom business, & traffic problems. If you need to check your child out early for an appointment, be sure to pick them up before 2:45pm.
- 3:05 pm - school dismisses
- 3:05 pm - car-rider gate opens
NOTE: 7:50 am - There is hardly any traffic!
Canyon Clubs - will be Announced Throughout the Year!
- Running Club - open to all students; return permission slip 10/3 or 10/5
- Honor Choir - Tryouts concluding now
- Academic Team - Tryouts going on now
- Science/Robotics Competition Team Tryouts - signups have ended; news coming soon!
- Science/Robotics Club - will be open to all students in the spring
- Board Games Bonanza at lunch - (see photo) sign-ups coming soon & will pop-up periodically throughout the year!
- Archery - available to all students in PE classes
- Archery Competition Team - Tryouts open to all students and coming soon
- Food Bank - open to all students & families; will be in the Spring
- Other clubs and Service Opportunities - throughout the year! Watch TV announcements and newsletters!
- STUCO - Student Council Reps will be chosen in 5th grade Homeroom classes in late fall to participate in service opportunities, & then a large # of students may apply and sign up in the Spring for 6th grade Leadership Classes.
CANYON RIDGE CALENDAR:
CONTACT US! WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
MAIN NUMBER - (405) 256-6955
- ATTENDANCE or to CONTACT US
Administrative Assistants (secretaries):
Media Director (librarian):
- Michelle Tobler - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Ann Cornelison (and nurse's asst. Jill Isham)
Spec Ed Dept. Head:
- Amanda Holeman - email@example.com
- Linda Riggs - firstname.lastname@example.org