Killing In The Deathcamps
Period 1: Kevin, Hannah, Krissy, Lezly, Mariah
- In the late 1930's the Nazis killed thousands of handicapped Germans by lethal injection and poisonous gas. After the German invasion of the Soviet Union in June 1941, mobile killing units following in the wake of the German Army began shooting massive numbers of Jews and Gypsies in open fields and ravines on the outskirts of conquered cities and towns.
- Eventually the Nazis created a more secluded and organized method of killing. Extermination centers were established in occupied Poland with special apparatus especially designed for mass murder. Giant death machines.
- By mid 1942, mass gassing of Jews using Zyklon-B began at Auschwitz, where extermination was conducted on an industrial scale with some estimates running as high as three million persons eventually killed through gassing, starvation, disease, shooting, and burning. In the sprig of 1943, the cremation of bodies began in order to cover up the races of the murders committed in Belzec. At Auschwits children were often killed upon arrival. Children born in the camp were generally killed on the spot.
The Jews of the Lodz ghetto and the vicinity were the primary victims deported to Chelmno, where they were murdered by means of gas vans.
Majdanek was established in late 1941, for Soviet prisoners of war and as a concentration camp for Poles. The gas chambers and crematoria were built in 1942. The camp operated until the Soviet army liberated the Lublin area in July 1944. Approximately 78,000 people were murdered in Majdanek.
- By Using Three Gas Vans, Nearly 300,000 Jews and 5,000 Sinti and Roma Were Murdered in Chelmno. Only Three Jews Survived This Death Camp. "The Holocaust." Holocaust History. N.p., n.d. Web. 13 Oct. 2016.
- By the Power and under the Influence of the Holy Spirit, Your Word Counsels, Clarifies, Comforts, and Corrects. "Two Thirds of the Jews Killed … Past or Future?" Eye Of Prophecy Watch and Wait. N.p., 19 Sept. 2015. Web. 14 Oct. 2016.
- By 1937, However, Modest Improvements in the U.S. Economy Were Dashed by the Advent of a Recession That Aggravated Unemployment and Contributed to an Attitude among the Majority of the Population That the United States Must Take Care of Its Own. One of Th. "Site Navigation."Warfare History Network. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Oct. 2016.
- History.com. A&E Television Networks, n.d. Web. 14 Oct. 2016.
- 1945, By. "The Holocaust." The Holocaust. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Oct. 2016.
- By mid 1942, Mass Gassing of Jews Using. "Auschwitz, Nazi Death Camp."Auschwitz, Nazi Death Camp. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Oct. 2016.