Nov. 27th, 2017 Pony News
On the Side of Hope!
Every time you talk to your students about college it matters!
This TED video explores "The Myth of Average". High school dropout turned Harvard faculty member,Todd Rose, takes the metaphor of "adjustable seats" and applies it to the UDL principles of education.
What are 2 changes you could make to your current classroom to "teach to the edges"?
NO RALLY FOR THIS WEEK
Due to being the first day back from the break we will not have a Rally this week. Please show to your students the No Excuses University Video during the day.
Monday, November 27th, the duties for the next six weeks will change. Please click on the link provide: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ls78NMCSXh5vTEmBdJqXquUCN0RupvkATc8I2EMKTkM/edit#gid=1683690795
A Minute with the LASes...
Holidays Celebrations and the Cultural Proficiency Continuum
This is a time of many cultural celebrations and an opportunity to support the adjustment, language and academic growth of our LEP students, especially those who are newcomers. If we want to be effective, we need to be aware of our own beliefs and our place in the cultural proficiency continuum. Take a look at the table below and use it as a self-reflection. Assessing our cultural knowledge (what we know about others' culture, how we react to it and what we need to know to be effective in cross cultural situations) is the first step of the Five Essential Elements of Cultural Competence. We will share more about this interesting topic next week...
Monday November 27th
- College Ready Rally 2:20-2:45pm Grade level Chants
Inst. Tech ACT
AED/CPR Team Meeting
- College/U shirt Day
Tuesday November 28th
- GRADES DUE at 8am
2nd 9 wk. 1st Progress Report
PTA Cookie Dough Delivery Date
Sci & Inst. Tech ACT
Wednesday November 29th
- LA ACT
- Learning Leaders mtg./ Principals’ mtg.
- New Teacher Mtg. 3:10-3:30
- Dress for Success Day
Thursday November 30th
- Inst. Tech LF &
- ML COORD
- Science ACT
- Dual Language Self contained PD
- Lunch with the principal for student of the month 3rd, 4th and 5th
Friday December 1tst
- LVES Spirit Day
- Lunch with the principal for student of the month K,1st and 2nd
- Special education Co- Teaching PD
Staff Shout Outs
- Mr. Thomas for being an AWESOME Positive Ponies member!!
- Mrs. McGraw and Mr. Thomas for getting everything ready for the Thankful Gram cart!
- Mr. Thomas for saving me from having to speak in front of a huge crowd & always being there to help whenever it is needed! You are one fast llama!
- My amazing Specials team for always coming together to get any task done & supporting each other like no team I have ever been a part of. Thank you!
- Antoinette Boston - Thanks for being a great partner and helping out with our conferences.
- Teresa Sayers - Thanks for sharing some awesome resources with the team!
- Cathy McIntosh - Our grade level chant is fantabulous, thanks!!
- Rosana Lopez - Thanks for cheering on the team towards positivity!
- Lynda Shield - thanks for always sharing your wisdom with our team!
- Mr. Anderson - Thank you for sharing your ideas in making predictions before reading.
- Ms. Satterla for always being mindful of her students needs and strengths.
- Mrs. Burleson for sharing her teaching ideas during PLC.
- The office staff for calling and having parents come in and get their AUPs filled out. Thanks for taking this off the teacher's plates.
- Mrs. Speer - for writing down our brainstorming for clarification.
- Mrs. Butler for giving me a ride when I had a flat tire!
- Mrs. Rutherford for taking the time out of her day to catch me up on information I missed! You're the best!
- Coach W for being an AMAZING support for some of our 1st grade friends!
- Mrs. Burleson for leading an awesome Writing Academy! Thank you for sharing all of your knowledge!
- Coach W., Mr. Perez, Mrs. Valdes, & Mrs. Burleson for helping me out when my car wouldn't start!
Click here to submit your Shout Out.