St. Paul Lutheran School
3rd & 4th Grade - Week of Oct 11
Check out this cool video we watched in class
Solar System Project
The 3rd and 4th graders are currently learning about the solar system in Science. For our project, students will take their knowledge of our solar system and create a 3-dimensional model we can hang from the ceiling. The planets should be in the correct order and be relatively proportioned to each other (example: Mars should not be bigger than Jupiter). The sun should be included as part of the solar system. All the planets should be clearly labeled in some way. This is a project meant to not only see how students view the solar system, but to also showcase their creativity. Students are encouraged to use color and get creative while learning.
The project is worth 25 points and is due Wednesday, Oct 21.
*Please do not use pre-made solar system models
*If you go on Pinterest, search Solar System Mobile and you will get loads of ideas!
- Unit 8 Spelling Pre-Test
- Chapel at 8:10 am - The 3rd and 4th graders are leading Chapel and hope to see you there!
- Memory Work Quiz
- PTL Meeting
- Unit 8 Spelling Test
- Jump Rope for Heart Kick-Off
- End of 1st Quarter
- Solar System Mobile - Due Wednesday, Oct 21
- Parent Teacher Conferences (No School) - Thursday, Oct 22
- 50th Day of School - Tuesday, Oct 27
- 3rd & 4th Sing in Church - Sunday, Nov 15 at 10:40 am
- Fall Festival (aka Wurstfest) - Sunday, Nov 15
- Thanksgiving Feast - Thursday, Nov 19
- Grandparents Day (more information to come!) - Thursday, Nov 19 -- we will have Chapel today for Grandparents day. No Chapel on Wednesday this week.
- Jump Rope for Heart - Friday, Nov 20
- Thanksgiving Break - Week of Nov 22