WARRIORS IN 'THE KNOW'
4/9/2021 ~ Superintendent's Newsletter ~ 26th Ed.
"Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation."
~ Michael Jordan
School Librarian/Library Aide Appreciation Day
Tuesday, April 6th
BISD honored April Peterson, Brandy Nichols, Suzanne Bennett, Marcia Hunter, Katie Knowlton and Daisha Sorrells who work hard supporting students in our libraries.
Today a library is much more than finding books and getting assistance with research projects. These women manage the library, provide library classes and manage campus media and technology.
Without them, there would definitely be a void for our staff and students!
Advanced Culinary Arts Baked Goodness
Students made homemade pie crust and filling at BHS in Mrs. Hunnicutt's Advanced Culinary Arts classes. Looks like they rocked the meringue!!
GO BLUE DAY Pics
Thanks BISD for Supporting GO BLUE Day!!
Warrior and Lady Warrior District Track Meet Results
BHS Track Athletes Advancing to the Area Meet, which will be held April 14th at Rains High School in Emory:
· Bri Cruz - 4x100 relay
· Breauna Killgo - 4x100 relay
· Brianna Rodriguez - 4x100 relay
· Kylee Trompler - 4x100 relay and 100m dash
· Mason Rodriguez - 4x100 relay and 4x200 relay
· Marco Delgado - 4x100 relay and 4x200 relay
· Cade Bowser - 4x100 relay, 4x200 relay and High Jump
· Jeren Ross - 4x100 relay, 4x200 relay and 100m dash
· Dustan Sewell - Long Jump
· Nick Rhinehart - 400m dash
Mrs. Woodard Attends Opening Day!!
Mrs. Woodard, 4th Grade Teacher at I.W. Evans, attended a home opener in which several of her students were playing softball.
Thank you for going above and beyond - I know the students were very excited to have you cheering them on.
TIPS to Support Your Overall Wellness and Resiliency
- Get enough sleep. Getting 7-9 hours of sleep increases daily productivity and boosts mood.
- Exercise daily. Getting up and moving for at least 30-45 minutes of a sustained activity.
- Eat healthy and well-balanced meals. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals. Make sure that you are getting adequate protein, healthy fats, and a variety of vegetables. Avoid processed foods and sugar.
- Go outdoors. Getting outside can help you escape the stressors of work and school. Being outdoors is good for your mind and mood and can help strengthen your immune system.
- Build a strong support system. Connect with friends and family and embrace new and existing interests.
- Manage stress. Although some stress can fuel motivation and drive, when we don’t properly manage stress it can lead to exhaustion, burn out and physical ailments. Find some time each day to sit quietly and take a deep breath. Try starting your day with a few minutes of deep breathing exercises
Wear Your Favorite T-shirt on Thursday, April 15th
Every Learner is Different
What is Going on Next Week??
Sun. Apr. 11 – Athletic Booster Club Meeting @ Admin Board Room – 5:30
Mon. – Tues. Apr. 12-13 – BHS Tennis District Tourn. @ Princeton
Tues. Apr. 13 – BHS Baseball @ Home – 4:30
Tues. Apr. 13 – BHS Softball @ Home – 6:00
Tues. Apr. 13 – LHR Boys Soccer @ TCS - 5:30
Wed. Apr. 14 – BHS Area Track Meet @ Rains – 10:30
Thur. Apr. 15 – LHR Intersquad Tennis Tourn. @ Home - 4:00
Fri. Apr. 16 – BHS Baseball @ Leonard – 4:30
Fri. Apr. 16 – BHS Softball @ Leonard – 6:00
Sat. Apr. 17 – BHS Baseball @ Home– 7:30