Cobb Middle School Weekly News
February 22 - 26
Coming Up This Week...
- Teens for Jeans Competition - now through Friday 2/26 (SEE BELOW)
- FISD Principal Profile Meeting open to all Cobb parents, 5:00 p.m., Library
- Art Club, 3:45-4:45 p.m., B120
- Tennis vs. Stafford, 4:30 p.m., LSHS
- Spring Picture Day, Cafe
- Mandatory FCA Weekend of Champions meeting, 7:55 a.m., Large Gym
- Boys and Girls Second Quad Track Meet, 4:30-9:30 p.m., HHS
- Student-Led Bible Study, 3:40-4:14 p.m., B123
- NJHS Induction Ceremony, 5:30-6:30 p.m., Cafe
- FCA Regular Meeting, 7:30 a.m., Large Gym
- FCA Weekend of Champions
- Advanced Theater UIL Rehearsal (if Cobb advances), 9:00-3:00, LHS
- Read-a-Thon, 4:00-10:00 p.m., Library, Both Gyms and Cafe
Save the Dates
- 2/27 - Regional Science Fair (DRSEF), all day, Fair Park, Dallas
- 2/27 - Math/Science Team Competition, 7:00-4:00, Grapevine
- 2/27 - Advanced Theater UIL Competition (if Cobb advances), 7:30 a.m.-9:00 p.m., LHS
- 2/29 - END OF MARKING PERIOD 4
- 2/29 - Tennis vs. Hunt, 4:30 p.m., WHS
- 3/1 - Choir UIL, 10:00-11:00, Colleyville Heritage HS
- 3/2 - Band Non-Varsity UIL, 3:00-5:30 p.m., IHS
- 3/2 - Boys and Girls Third Quad Track Meet, 4:30-9:30 p.m., HHS
- 3/3 - Library Club, 7:45-8:15 a.m., Library
- 3/3 - NJHS Officers Meeting, 7:55-8:15 a.m., E102
- 3/3 - Orchestra UIL, 9:30-10:30 a.m., Marcus HS
- 3/3 - PTA Board Meeting, 4:45-5:45 p.m., Library
- 3/3 - PTA Regular Meeting, 6:00-6:30 p.m., Cafe
- 3/7-3/11 - SPRING BREAK!
Teens for Jeans - Cobb Middle School is joining forces with Wakeland High School to collect jeans for local homeless teens and their families for the nationwide Teens For Jeans competition. Together, we can make a stand to help homeless families AND win $$$$ for our school! Gently used jeans, any size, any color, are accepted. Place your jeans in the drop-off box in the Cobb front office. Jeans are being accepted now through next Friday, February 26th.
The Hunger Games Read-a-Thon is next week - We would be grateful for items for our Read-a-Thon "store," where readers get to select small prizes. Suggested items needed: gently used stuffed animals, nice used or new books (for 6th-8th graders), mini flashlights, t-shirts, wrapped teen-appeal food items, creative goodies big AND small...we need LOTS of goodies! Think like a pre-teen! Please drop off items at the office or library by next Tuesday, February 23.
Our Read-a-Thon goal is to raise at least $2000 in pledge money during the evening of reading. All pledge money will be used to purchase books for children served at the Frisco Family Services Food Pantry and the FISD Student Opportunity Center Library. Though our event is already full, if you would like to sponsor one of our readers, please contact Ms. Meeks, Cobb Librarian, at email@example.com.
Google Classroom - More and more of our teachers have begun utilizing Google Classroom, which is a wonderful tool for integrating our Google Apps for Education accounts. To see assignments and announcements, download the app for either Android or iOS or go to http://classroom.google.com and simply log in as your student.
Password: Birthday (mmddyyyy)
6th Grade Immunizations – We are up to 34% complete!! Please keep those records coming in! I will email you when a record is received in the clinic.
- If your letter said your child is complete (look at the bottom of the letter, highlighted in blue) – then you do not need to take any action. You are already counted in the 34%. I do not need the letter back.
- If your child is missing any of the required shots, please send in an updated immunization record. Your student may not need the shot, we may just need an updated record. Many of the kids received shots as long as 2 years ago. I will be happy to review what we have received so you don’t have to make separate appointments.
Lost and Found - We have collected more keys, jewelry, earbuds, garage door openers, phone chargers, wallets(!), and eyeglasses than we can handle! Not to mention the usual jackets, lunchboxes and PE clothes that always gather in the cafeteria. If your student has misplaced any of these smaller items, PLEASE send him/her to Mrs. Mecom's office to claim them.
The Lost and Found is located along the back wall of the cafeteria. All misplaced items of clothing, lunchboxes, pencil bags, etc. should be brought to this location if found. However, lost phones, tablets, jewelry or other valuables should be turned into Mrs. Mecom in the Assistant Principals' office. Unclaimed items in the Lost and Found will be donated at the end of each six-week marking period.