We Are Family - December 6, 2021
We are preparing to celebrate our first Christmas program in two years this week! Students should plan to arrive to their classrooms at 6:00 PM on Thursday, December 9th for the K-4 Christmas program. Due to scheduling issues, this will now be held in Zore Hall (the school gym) and will start at 6:30 PM. After the program, parents may visit the classrooms to collect their students and their belongings.
The December menu is linked below. Additionally there is information about St. Michael's wrestling program and an upcoming kids day out program hosted by our EDM staff.
Due to supply issues: December 8th will be cheese pizza instead of sausage. The days we have corn dogs will be mini corn dogs instead. We are working on obtaining whole grain breakfast items as all of our planned items are out of stock.
We are no longer accepting plastic bottle caps. We have enough! :)
Janet Abdoulaye, Principal
- Advent Prayer Service hosted by Mrs. Rosich's 4th Grade in the gym at 2:45 PM
- REGULAR Uniform
- Holy Day of Obligation - the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception at 8:45 AM, hosted by 5th grade
- Early release at 2:50 PM
- K-4 Christmas Program, 6:30 PM in the Gym. Students report to classrooms at 6:00 PM wearing Christmas dress attire.
- Lunchroom Help. We need a volunteer every day to work in the cafeteria to assist with putting together meals and serving students. Volunteers will not have direct contact with students in the lunch room. Volunteers must have a current Safe and Sacred training. If their Safe and Sacred has expired, new training can be completed at www.safeparisharchindy.org with the registration code Archindy2021. Contact Ms. Trump, Cafeteria Manager, for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bench Project. Our fourth grade Kaizen group has taken over the bottle cap/bench project from last year's fourth grade. They are looking for a volunteer who would be willing to transport the collected caps to Evansville and trade them for a completed bench. Please contact Mrs. Rodebaugh for more information at email@example.com
St. Nicholas Day - 3rd Grade Visit
West-Side Wrestling at St. Michael's and St. Gabriel's School
2022-2023 Calendar Dates
First Day of School: Tuesday, August 9, 2022
Labor Day: September 5th
Fall Break: October 10th - 14th (2nd full week of October)*
Thanksgiving: November 23rd – 27th
Christmas Break: Friday, December 23 – Sunday, January 8th
Dr. King Holiday: Monday, January 16th
Presidents Day: February 20th
Spring Break: March 27th -31st
Easter Monday: April 10th
Last Day of School: Thursday, May 25, 2023
*Thank you to all who participated in the fall break survey. More families indicated a preference for the second week of October for fall break by a narrow margin. I have changed the date accordingly.
Saint Susanna Christmas Eve Pageant
We will keep a confidential list of vaccinated students that I will use when conducting contact tracing. These parents will still be notified of a close contact, but the student will not have a mandatory quarantine. To add your child(ren) to the list, please send a copy of the vaccination card to firstname.lastname@example.org when it is complete.
A few reminders:
- Recess is outdoors for the full scheduled time when the temperature is 32 degrees or above, including wind chill.
- Recess is outdoors for 15 minutes when the temperature is between 10 and 32, including wind chill.
- Recess is indoors when the temperature is below 10 degrees. Recess will also be indoors when it is raining or when the conditions outside warrant it such as an icy parking lot or a snow covered playground.
Inclement Weather - School Closings and Delays
- Our communication system which will call, text, and email the parents and guardians listed in our student information system.
- Our social media pages
- Major local television news programs
In the case of a 2-hour delay, there will be no 1/2 day preschool or prekindergarten classes on that day and morning care will open at 9:00 AM for all other students.
Boys Basketball Games
Saturday, December 4
- 9am: 4th grade vs St. Malachy
- 10am: 56 vs St. Lawrence
- 11am: HS vs St. Simon
Saturday, January 8
- 9am: HS vs Christ the King
- 10am: Cadet vs St. Michael
- 11am: 56 vs Our Lady of Grace
- Noon: 4th vs Christ the King
Saturday, January 15
- 10am: Cadet vs Ritter
- 11am: 56 vs St. Elizabeth Seton
Saturday, January 22
- 10am: 4th vs St. Lawrence
- 11am: 56 vs St. Malachy
- Noon: HS vs St. Monica
Children's Liturgy of the Word at Saint Susanna Parish Masses
Students may be referred to Ms. Evans by teachers or the principal for a one-time visit. After that, parents must complete an consent form for continued visits. The consent form is available at the end of the Monday Memo or in the school office. You can reach Ms. Evans directly at email@example.com
The service hour tracking form can be found here and a copy will be sent home in the back-to-school packets. We ask that each family complete five service hours this school year. These hours can be completed during school or parish events.
Upcoming events include:
- Stay tuned....
Easy Fund-Raising for Saint Susanna Catholic School!
Box Tops for Education
Here’s how it works:
- Step 1: Download the new Box Tops App (iTunes or Google Play) – it’s free
- Step 2: Create a username and connect it to your child’s school
- Step 3: Scan your grocery store receipt. Items with the new Box Tops label will be automatically credited to your school
Does this mean I should stop sending in my paper Box Tops that I have already clipped? No! Continue to send those to the school!
Kroger Community Rewards
Information on the Kroger Community Rewards program can be found here on their website or under the "rewards" tab in your Kroger app. You will need to search for the exact name of our organization as SAINT SUSANNAS SCHOOL PTP . From there, you can link your Kroger card with our organization and a portion of your spending at Kroger will come to us.
St. Susanna Catholic School's mission is to provide a Christ-centered, quality education that prepares and inspires its students to excel as they progress in their scholastic careers. Based on Catholic teachings, our students and staff exemplify the value of faith, service, love, and respect in all situations and with all people.