EVO 2017 Call for Participation
A TESOL CALL-IS Project
Electronic Village Online 2017
For five weeks in January and February, TESOL experts and participants from around the world engage in collaborative online discussions or hands-on virtual workshops of professional and scholarly benefit.
These sessions bring together participants for a longer period of time than is permitted by land-based professional development conventions and allow a fuller development of ideas than is otherwise possible.
Sessions are free and open to anyone around the globe. It is not necessary to be a TESOL or IATEFL member or to attend the TESOL Convention in order to participate. All you need is access to the Internet.
We invite you to choose a session from this year's offerings, listed below. And please inform your colleagues about this unparalleled professional development opportunity!
For the Call for Participation for EVO2017 (Jan. 8 - Feb. 12, 2017), please click here.
EVO 2017 Sessions (totally free)
- Classroom-Based Research for Professional Development
- Design Thinking
- Developing Intercultural Competence Through the Use of Online Resources
- DIY Online Assessment
- EVO Minecraft MOOC 2017
- EVO ViLLAGE 2017
- Experiential Learning
- Flipped Learning
- Non-native English Speakers in TESOL
- QR Codes in Action
- Teaching Listening: principles, techniques and technologies
- Teaching Pronunciation Differently
EVO 2017 Coordination Team
FROM JANUARY 1 TO JANUARY 8, 2017.
- The sessions begin on January 8th but are held asynchronously; that is, you can log in, begin reading, and join the email discussion of the materials. However, most sessions have some synchronous activities where you gather for a live meeting on your topic of study. See your session's syllabus of weekly activities for details.
- Please join us here for the EVO2017 kickoff webcast on Saturday, January 7, 2017 at 14:00/2:00 p.m. GMT (your local time here!)