November 13, 2020
Harding Middle School Mission, Vision, and District WIG
Mission: Harding exists to ensure a safe space in which each student is afforded unique opportunities to learn and grow.
Vision: Harding will become an innovative school that empowers each student to be academically, socially, and emotionally prepared for life.
WIG: Black/AA males will meet or exceed other categories of students in all measures in 2 years.
Virtual Learning Updates
- To go lunches will be served at Harding each weekday school is in session from 11:00-1:00. For more information about meals, please go here.
- Families can choose to go to any DMPS school offering lunch to pick up meals.
- On Fridays, students will pick up meals for the weekend.
Class Schedule (Picture below)
- Students will continue to have the same schedule they currently have. Classes will be 45 minutes long with short breaks between classes.
- All students will have an extended break (37 minutes) during lunch handout (11:00-1:00). Please see the schedule below for the specific timing of this break.
- Students may be scheduled to work with teachers in small groups or individually to catch up on work or to get re-teaching on topics as needed.
- Students will have 7 classes each day. Please see your child's schedule on Infinite Campus.
- School begins at 8:30 and ends at 3:25.
Title I Compact
- Please see the attached document for the responsibilities of students, parents, teachers, and administrators to ensure a quality education for all students.
From the activities corner...
In person activities are postponed until December 1. Subject to change.
Interested students will need to register here and can learn more by visiting the Harding Website here. If you need a physical to participate in sports when we return to school, visit this website to set up an appointment! https://www.iowaclinic.com/treatments-and-conditions/well-child-checkup-sports-physicals-camp-physicals/
Club Highlight: Brother 2 Brother will be starting soon! Contact Mr. Green with interest.