- As a young child, my mother and grandmother would often read to me. Dr. Seuss was just one of the many things they would have been reading.
- When I was in elementary school, I began reading the Magic Tree House series and read all of the ones that were in existence at the time, then the ones that came out in subsequent order, until I eventually lost interest.
- I read the first three books of the Inheritance Cycle, the third one coming around fifth grade.
- After fifth grade I stopped reading so much, but one of the books I did read was Rock Star Superstar, the story of some snobby jazz boy that stoops to play with mere rock musicians and find the beauty of rock.
- In seventh and eighth grade I still wasn't reading much but I did read The Hobbit once and then a second time the next year.
- In September of my freshman year I saw the movie "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" which inspired me to later read the book it was based of off. This ultimately returned me to my lost love of reading.
- The next book I read was "The Fault In Our Stars" which takes place partially in Amsterdam and is quite possibly the best book I've ever read.
- Paper Towns is the next book that I want to read and I greatly look forward to it.