Mrs. Wilson's News
Please see note that will be sent home on Monday about a "Pet Rock." Find and decorate a pet rock (no bigger than your child's hand) to bring to class. You may use whatever to decorate (markers, paint, yarn, wiggly eyes, etc. ) Just make sure it looks like a person, monster, creature, critter, animal, or insect and no words on it please. Pinterest has some cute ideas. Due on Wednesday. We will write about our pet rock this week. (What it likes to do, play, eat, etc.) Just sending this Friday, in case you want to start on this project over the weekend.
9-27 Stagecoach Celebration Bash (5:30-7:00) Free games and treats!!
SNACK, LUNCH, AND RECESS
We will have lunch at 10:30 and recess will follow at 11:00. Parents are welcome to eat lunch with their kids in the cafeteria. Just check in with the office (bring your driver's license).
What we will be learning this week:
- Short/Long A and I
- Realistic Fiction
- Writing about a Pet Rock
- Word Problems/Addition Facts within 20
- Freedom Week
The homework packet is for practice only and not to be returned to school.
- Pet Rock- See above for info. Due on Wednesday.
- Word Study- Study for spelling test. Spelling Test: Thursday, 6th.
- Math- Practice counting by 5s, 10s, 2s. Also, a worksheet is being sent home on Monday to turn in - Due on Friday, Sept. 30th.
- Math- Practice addition facts to 20. (12+7, 8+9, etc.) From memory or using quick strategies (4 seconds to respond).
Long A: gate,date,make,place,safe,space
Short I: fish,bring,film,mint
Long I: smile,nice,shine,side,time,wife
Sight Words: also,else,they,very
- Please return your child's folder to school every day.
- We have library on Tuesday, so please return library books on Tuesday.
- We have PE on Fridays, so please have your child wear tennis shoes on this day.
- If you are sending in any money to school, please send it in an envelope with your child's name on it and write what it is for (example: lunch acct. or supply fee)