January 28th, 2019
From the Plank South Leadership Team
Plank South Families,
It was so great seeing so many of you at our fabulous Literacy Night last week! Thanks to everybody involved for planning this evening as we learned about literacy around the globe.
Here is what is happening around Webster and Plank South as we prepare for the Polar Vortex this week!
- NEW: Workshop on Parenting in the Digital Age. Tuesday, 2/5 @ 6:30pm at Willink Middle School. See the flyer below. We don't think you want to miss this one. See the whole digital citizenship newsletter for even more info.
- NEW: The 40th Annual Science Fair is coming! Sign-ups and info below.
- NEW: Be sure to check out the flyer on the 5th grade bottle and can drive fund-raiser!
- You likely already know a little about WonderCare, the before and after school daycare that will start in September. See below for information on upcoming Parent Information Nights.
- The Knights of Columbus Free Throw Shooting Competition is coming up (flyer below)
- You can still sign-up for the Blood Drive on Tuesday, 2/5.
Have a great week!
Your Plank South Leadership Team,
Scott Wilcox & Jen Sullivan
From the Plank South PTSA!
Chess club is starting the week of Jan. 29. Again, we will have instructor coming from Rochester Chess Center. Space is limited, registration is online. please register ASAP!
- Students in 4th and 5th Grades
6 Tuesday Classes: JANUARY 29; FEBRUARY 5, 26 Mar 5, 12, 19. Time: 3:20- 4:20 p.m
Please sign up here: https://goo.gl/forms/kSu6lmQ3VqhpZgtv2
Please sign up to help out at:
- Students in 2nd and 3rd Grades
6 Wednesday Classes: JANUARY 30; FEBRUARY 6, 13, 27; MARCH 6, 13. Time: 3:20- 4:20 pm
Please sign up here: https://goo.gl/forms/3HuLfg3w0CefLlgJ2
Please sign up to help out at:
Cost: $15.00 Please make checks payable to Plank South PTSA
Ice Cream Social: Co-Coordinator needed (email our coordinator Karla (firstname.lastname@example.org), or the PTSA co-chairs for more details)
Science Fair: Co-Coordinator needed (This event is celebrating 40 years this spring!)
Community Arts Day: We are looking for someone to represent Plank South on the central committee. A portion of funds raised from Community Arts Day goes back to each school’s PTSA, but only if they have a representative on the central committee…..can you help us???
· Thursday, 1/31 – Box Tops and Tyson A+ labels due
· Saturday, 2/2 – Plant South Knighthawks Night
· Monday, 2/11 – Science Fair Registration Due!
40th Annual Plank South Science Fair!!!
We are pleased to announce that the 40th Annual Plank Road South Science Fair will be held on Wednesday March 20th, 2019.
The purpose of the Science Fair is to promote interest in science related topics. The Science Fair provides the opportunity for all students to have fun while learning a scientific principle. The real reward is the knowledge gained, and in that respect, all students are winners.
All entry forms must be turned in by Monday February 11, 2019. Titles to projects and parent/guardian e-mail addresses must be included on the entry form to be accepted. Late entries cannot be accepted, as planning and procurement are crucial to the Science Fair’s success.
Here is the link to this year's Science Fair Entry Form.
5th Grade Parent Orientation, 2/25 @ 6:30pm
There will be a 5th grade parent orientation meeting that will take place on Monday, February 25th, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. in the Spry Auditorium. As part of orientation the Spry team will share with you information regarding the middle school program and course selections your child will make. Here is a link to the full 2019 5th Grade Parent Letter that was sent to you earlier this month.
Tell your friends!!! Mark your calendars!!! Kindergarten Orientation & Registration Dates!
Parents of incoming kindergarteners in the 2019-20 school year, mark your calendars! Webster CSD Parent Orientation and Registration Night is Tuesday, February 26, 6:30 p.m. at your student’s school. After that, kindergarten walk-in registration is available Wednesday-Friday, February 27-March 1, 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. at your student’s school. For more information, go to websterschools.org, then select Central Registration under the Departments tab.
Blood Drive at Plank Road South- Sign-up!!!
Please consider supporting the upcoming Blood Drive at Plank Road South Elementary School on Tuesday, February 5
4:00pm – 8:00pm, Gym