January 28th, 2019
During A lunch we will meet in A202.
The B lunch meeting will be in B200.
To our swim coaches and their swimmers who've qualified for regionals.
To our clinical teachers and HOSA students competing at Area this weekend.
To our Ag teachers and their FFA students who are competing in many shows over the coming weeks.
1/28 -- Three-week grade check
1/30 -- Progress Reports go out, 2nd period
1/30 -- Team Leader Meeting, 2 lunches
2/2 -- North Texas German Winterfest, Jasper HS
2/1-2 -- HOSA Area Competition
2/7 -- Band MidWinter Concert
2/8-9 -- Regional Academic Decathlon competition, HPHS
2/9 -- Mr. Plano
2/13-16 -- TMEA, All State musicians to San Antonio
2/15 -- Three-week grade check
2/15-16 -- Dance Contest hosted here
2/15-18 -- Speech to Harvard
2/16 -- VASE (Visual Art Scholastic Event) REGIONAL at Prosper High School
2/21 -- NAEP Testing
2/23 -- Band to Solo and Ensemble
2/23 -- Texas State German Contest, San Marcos
2/28 -- Plano's Got Talent
2/28-3/1 -- Orchestra UIL Contest
3/1-3 -- Spanish Competition: Pan American Student Forum, San Antonio
3/2 -- Jazz Invitational
3/4-7 -- TELPAS Reading and Listening
3/6-10 -- State Academic Decathlon, San Antonio
3/7 -- Orchestra Spring Trip to Orlando
3/8 -- End of 3rd grading period
3/15-16 -- Robotics hosts First in Texas competition in our gym
3/22-23 -- Robotics to Greenville District Competition
4/4-7 -- Band Spring Trip to Corpus
4/6-9 -- Choir Spring Trip to New Orleans
4/26-27 -- State VASE, San Marcos
Taking Attendance: Please read and follow! Thank you.
In addition, the District has determined that, in an effort to be in exact compliance with the State, we must take attendance within the first 10 minutes of 2nd period in particular.
One suggestion would be to set an alarm in Outlook to go off every day at 10:00 to make sure you've taken your attendance. Here's how:
1. Launch Outlook, click the "Calendar" tab to view your calendars and then click "New Appointment" in the New group.
2. Type a name for the new appointment into the Subject field and then choose "None" from the "Reminder" drop-down box in the Options group. If you want Outlook to warn you a few minutes before the alarm goes off, select the desired number of minutes from the "Reminder" drop-down box.
3. Click the "Recurrence" button in the Options group to open the Appointment Recurrence window.
4. Select "Zero minutes" from the "Duration" drop-down box and then choose the time when you want the alarm to go off from the "Start" drop-down box. Alternatively, you can type the time in the box.
5. Click the "Daily" radio button in the Recurrence Pattern section and ensure the "Every 1 day(s)" option is selected. If you select the "Every weekday" option, the alarm will not go off on Saturdays and Sundays.
6. Ensure the "No end date" option is selected in the Range of Recurrence section and then click "OK." If you want to end the alarm after a specific number of days, select the "End after" option and type the number of days into the field.
7. Click the "Save and Close" button in the Actions group to create the appointment.
Tip The alarm will go off daily until you delete the appointment or change its Recurrence settings.
- Information in this article applies to Microsoft Office Outlook 2013. Procedures may vary slightly or significantly with other versions or products.
***NOTE: Students who are marked absent but actually come in tardy will need to go to the Student Center on their own time (not during class) to get an attendance correction form and clear up the error.
It is also essential that we all dismiss our students on time to get to their next class.
Here are the dates when we will have campus pdh. These will also be in the lecture hall from 7:45-8:30, 3:30-4:15, and 4:30-5:15 each day.
2/21/19 Self care/counselors
3/21/19 Grading Tips sharing/Coryn
5/16/19 Collaborative teaming (progress assessment and planning)/Ashley Helms (afternoon times in C111)
These DO count toward your flex/trade hours.
Our district Social Emotional Learning/Restorative Practices training sessions are now open for enrollment in MyLearning Plan. Please share with your staff members as you see fit.
February 20 --3:30-5:30 -Active Listening/Effective Collaboration-Bird Center-Building A
March 20 --4:00-6:00- -Respect/Relationship Agreements-Bird Center-Building A
April 17 --3:30-5:30- Adult SEL Competence and Wellness- Bird Center-Building A
A gentle reminder that the deadline to enroll teachers in the Spring GT Academy is this Friday, December 21st.
- WILDCATS vs Jesuit at PSHS, Tue. Jan. 29th. JV plays at 6:00pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- LADY WILDCATS vs McKinney Boyd at PSHS, Fri. Feb. 1st. JV plays at 6:00pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- WILDCATS vs McKinney Boyd at McKinney Boyd, Fri. Feb. 1st. JV plays at 6:00pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- LADY WILDCATS vs McKinney at McKinney, Tue. Jan. 29th. JV plays at 5:45pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- WILDCATS vs McKinney at Clark East, Tue. Jan. 29th. JV plays at 5:45pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- LADY WILDCATS at Plano East at Clark Stadium, Fri. Feb. 1st. JV plays at 5:45pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
- WILDCATS vs Plano West at Kimbrough Stadium, Fri. Feb. 1st. JV plays at 5:45pm and Varsity plays at 7:30pm.
SWIMMING -- Good luck at Regionals!
- WILDCATS at Region 2-6A Swimming and Diving Championships @ Westside Aquatic Center, Lewisville, Fri. Feb. 1st and Sat. Feb. 2nd. Time 9:00 both days.
- WILDCATS vs Argyle/Reedy at TRI, Wed. Jan.30th at PSHS. Time is 6:30pm.
- WILDCATS(SENIOR NIGHT) vs Midlothian/Richardson, Sat. Feb. 1st at PSHS. Time is TBA.
- LADY WILDCATS vs The Colony, Wed. Jan. 30th at PSHS. JV scrimmages at 5:00pm and Varsity scrimmages at 7:00pm.
- LADY WILDCATS vs North Forney, Fri. Feb. 1st at PSHS. JV scrimmages at 5:00pm and Varsity scrimmages at 7:00pm.