Raising Awareness of Genetic Disorders (PechaKucha)
Michael J Fox Parkinson's Disease
What questions come to mind when you notice a person has a genetic disorder?
My philosophy for a happy life | Sam Berns | TEDxMidAtlantic
- Educate & Raise Awareness about your Team's genetic disorder using a presentation method called...Pecha Kucha
- Pre-AP Talking Points: Disorder, Treatments/Living With It, Genetics, Research
What's Pecha Kucha?
How PechaKucha Changed My Life: Eddie Selover at TEDxOrlando
5 Tips to Pecha Kucha Excellence - Charles Greene III Presentation Magician
Each Team Member's Responsibility for the Pecha Kucha
- Talking points during slides (memorized) - Duration 100 sec. (1min 40sec.)
- 5 slides
Day 2 - Planning & Research
~~ Create a Project Plan ~~
What's in my team's project plan?
- Use a sheet of notebook paper
- Name of Genetic Disorder
- Name of Team Member followed by their PechaKucha Focus
Genetic Disorder: Alzheimer's
Team Member Focus
Michelle L. How happens, causes, inheritance
Molly L. Life impacts
Project Plan Due - EOC Today!
Day 3 - Research & Scripting
Continue to develop your note cards
Total Cards: 5 (that's 1 per 20 second slide)
- main idea or topic written on top line
- talking points, bullets, script written below line
- citation can appear on back of card (Name of Source & URL)
Card Check Monday!
******** Have your 5 cards ready! ******** No cards...No Lab!
Create Your Digital Presentation
Project Plan Update
- Topic Sequence/Speaker Order
- Speakers MUST speak 100 seconds sequentially
Updated Project Plan Due - 15 Minutes into Today's Class!
Google Slides Setup
- All slides MUST be contained within a single Google Slides file.
- Duplicate each person's slide
Automatic Slide Progression Setup:
- Select File...Publish to Web
- Set Timer to 10 seconds per slide