Pregnancy: How Will I Feel?
First Trimester: Week 1-12
- An increase in fatigue
- More frequent need to urinate
- Morning sickness: nausea or vomiting particularly upon awakening
- Strange food cravings
- Tender and/or swollen breasts
- Weight gain (sometimes even weight loss)
Second Trimester: Week 13-28
- Darkening areas on the skin, usually on the face
- Body aches, particularly concerning the back, stomach, groin and legs
- Noticeably itchy palms, feel and stomach
- Swelling mainly in the ankles, face and fingers
It is advised that you talk to your doctor if you experience extreme fluctuations in symptoms, such as gaining weight very rapidly, yellowing skin, or nausea that does not subside with time.
Third Trimester: Week 29-Birth
- Heart burn or acid reflux
- Development of an "outie" belly button
- Swelling especially in the ankles, fingers, and/or face
- Sore, tender breast which may leak a watery substance called colostrum
- Trouble breathing
Premature, false contractions may also be experienced during the third trimester. These false contractions are usually resolved with activity, such as walking. Contact your medical provider if you experience more than four contractions in an hour.