Harrison Parent News
Mrs. Smyder, Principal / Mrs. Hudgins, Assistant Principal
- September 13-23: PTA Membership Drive
- September 21: Adventure Camp Money Due!
- September 22: PTA General Meeting 7pm Harrison Cafeteria
- September 28: KONA ICE
- September 29: PTA Night at Marco's Pizza- Wylie Location (11A-10P dine or carry)
- October 10: Columbus Day (No School)
- October 11-14: Book Fair
- October 12: Picture Day
- October 13: Curriculum/Book Fair Family Night 5-7
- October 21: Buc Bash
- October 26: KONA ICE
- October 28: PTA Dance 6-8
- November 2-4: 5th Grade Adventure Camp
- November 10: PTA Night at Marco's Pizza- Wylie Location (11A-10P dine or carry)
- November 21-25: Thanksgiving Holiday (No School)
- December 16: Buc Bash
- December 16: Early Release
- December 19-30: Christmas Holiday (No School)
PTA Membership Drive
"Sock"tember Sock and Undies Drive
- Donations will be collected on campus
- September 26-30
- Bring a new pair of socks or underwear in your size
- These items will be provided to families in need through the Wylie Way Christmas
Yearbook are on sale now. Don’t forget to order your 2016-2017 yearbook today for the lowest price of the season. Purchase online at www.jostensyearbooks.com or use the attached form to place your order today!
5th Grade Adventure Camp
Our 5th grade students will be attending the Collin County Adventure Camp on Nov. 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, 2016. Students will leave Harrison Wednesday morning, spend two nights at camp, and return to Harrison Friday afternoon before school lets out.
The cost of the camp is $165 per student and $100 per adult chaperone. Because we are going so early in the school year, we need to have paperwork turned in as soon as possible. If you are making a full payment, it is due by Sep. 21st, but please return the paperwork this week. We will not be able to accept any students after Sep. 21st. Please make checks payable to Harrison Intermediate or HIS.
If you have any questions about Adventure Camp, please contact your child's science teacher.
Volunteer Background Check
Parents, please remeber you must file a new Volunteer Background Check each new school year. The check is done online only; there are no paper forms. Please use the link below: https://web.wylieisd.net/BackgroundCheck/BkgroudCkForm.aspx
Student Lunch Accounts
Student lunch accounts need to be kept current. Please make sure your son/daughters lunch account is paid. If you have any questions please contact Lori Simms, Cafeteria Manager at (972) 429-3310.
Facebook @ harrisonintermediate
Students may bring cell phones to school; however, they are to be turned off during the instructional part of the day unless the teachers asks that they be used to support student learning and instruction. Students should not be placing calls, receiving texts or calls, texting during the school day unless asked to do so by an adult in the building. If your child is ill, he or she is to report to the clinic and the school nurse will call parents accordingly. Cell phones may be confiscated and returned at the end of the day if students are not following campus expectations.